I HAVE MADE A DECISION TO LEAVE

by Maddie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

VELTA - I appreciate your post and I am sure now that I will never find any religious organisation has the complete truth. I think it has to be a personal relationship and as you say Jesus said that he is the "Truth". I think I have learnt a few important lessons from my experiences with the JW's and hopefully will benefit from them in the future. I try hard not to become bitter about life as it only causes unhappiness and is so destructive. Thank you for sharing your own experiences with me, it is very kind of you.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I am overwhelmed by all the sharing back that I have received by everyone. It is a good feeling to know that you are here.

Maddie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Maddie -

I could have written 90% of your post just a year or so back. I held on to the tag for all the wrong reasons. When I finally DA'd, it felt like the world lifted off my shoulders. It was just too much to play it both ways for me.

Support will be here for you thru this - I am glad that hubby is not Jw - that is worth a million.

Here for you where we can be and you allow us to be. Swallow hard and step forward if that is what is best for you. Good luck.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I really hope that my dear son will start questioning for himself the reasons why I am doing this. He knows how much he and my little grand-daughter mean to me and that I wouldn't do this unless I had very strong convictions that the WT wasn't the "truth".

Maddie

Tell him. Write a letter, make the call, or meet him for coffee. He needs to hear it from you, then later it might sink in.

Jeff

• tere1998
    tere1998

Maddie - HUGS to you. I left the (b)org many years ago but recently wrote a letter to disassociate myself for the same reason - I don't want to be included in any way with such an evil group of people who LIE about everything just to maintain control. I do understand that for many, fading is the best choice for them and I don't judge them either.

We all have to do what we feel is right and what we can live with.

• Maddie
    Maddie

JEFF - I am going to arrange to meet my son so I can speak to him without anyone else being around. I will explain my reasons to him and tell him how much I love him.

TERE - It is a difficult choice to have to make but as you say, it gives freedom from the WT and all their mind control.

Maddie

• dawg
    dawg

Maddie,

God I hope all works out well for you... may the spirit of the one who gives us the love we feel in our hearts bless you in this personal trial. God bless.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Strength to you, Maddie. You have to do what is right for you. My friend who DA'd (I faded) said she has never felt so free. She felt free for the first time in her life! I hope that it is right for you, and as you have come to this decision after so much thought... I'm sure it is.

And Song... I LOVED the profundity about "FEAR"... very nice.

Love,
    Baba.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Be strong and confident. You have weighed your decision carefully and you know you are doing the best thing. Your relationship with God will get better when you have freedom to think for yourself without guilt or fear.

• mathilde
    mathilde

Maddie,

You are a brave lady following her heart.

I hope it all works out for you.

Big hug from

Mathilde

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit