My very 1st trip to the hall....EVER!

by A-Team 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Poor thing. Too bad you never experienced the old SEVEN DAY conventions (assemblies) 8 hrs/day. Exhausting. We drove down to Pasadena CA in my dad's '60 VW. My mom and I volunteered to sell snow cones. The bees were incredible. We were working so fast that my mom , in giving the "grape" snow cone ended up throwing it all over a brothers white startched shirt. I don't remember learning anything as the sound systems were echoing and it was so hot that at one point I fainted. Billy Graham was having one of his fests at the same time and the papers were running the daily attendance like a horse race :JWs 16000...Graham 16001.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You learn to adapt. One hour is nothing. Take that one hour and multiply it by 5 hour with a break in-between. Multiply by 3. That's a convention. Keeping myself entertained by daydreaming for an hour or two was easy compared to the conventions. Eventually, you run out of stuff to daydream about and find yourself noticing how bored you really are, how asleep your arse is, and how much you want to go home and not come back tomorrow. But you do because you're supposed to. After all, it's only once a year, not including the two day circuit assembly and the one day special assembly.

I don't miss those days at all. I never want to step foot in another KH ever. If I went to a KH with the attitude and mindset I have now, I would leave the minute it got boring.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah...I had 30 years of these under my belt and I am thrilled that I no longer have to sit through those meetings OR the conventions. The WTS does not encourage any personal feelings, emotions out what they would term as "uncontrolled outbursts" from any member in the audience. It is all timed and practically choreographed, and only allows audience members to respond to pre-written questions on the paragraphs they have designed. Emotional offerings are not part of the program. It IS all pretty well cut and dried.

And they call it........"worship".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit