My very 1st trip to the hall....EVER!

by A-Team 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

....to sum it up, what a snoozfest! I guess that I have went to a different KH, because I wasn't greeted with love, but only by 2 people. Part of this may have been I decided to keep my full beard. Anyhow, I was surprised at the many empty seats I spotted, and how evryone tended to sit towards the back. Anyway. The 1st song was KM 217...Those songs were drier then a 2 dollar steak, we'll leave it ta that. There is no Praise and Worship in the service, atleast from the hour that I stayed. That was followed by prayer, and one thing I noticed is that is how they keep on talking about 'the world' and how to keep them same from it. IMO, if you are a Christian, you shold be praying for the world, point blank.

Then the Public Talk. The 3 people that went with me got really disinterested within the 1st 5 minutes. I tried to keep interested, but it was dry. People didn't respond at all, no Amen, Hallijuah or any other types of vocal feedback from the cong. Just simple mind control nodding with everything the speaker said. At the end, we couldn't take it any longer and left. They claim to had 95 people there, but IMO, it looked more like 50, no more then 60.

Again, for those of ya who grew up a JW.....I don't know how ya could take so many years of this stuff.

• bebu
    bebu

Well you're ahead of me. I've never been to a KH yet, nor do I really want to go. Maybe someday, just for the cultural experience.

I don't know how people could withstand several hours a week in a room with no windows. I would become claustrophobic in no time!

bebu

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You're right A-Team, a Kingdom Hall is the most boring service in the world, I mean a funeral home has more excitement than a Kingdom Hall.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's hardest for the little children who are threatened with a spanking (belt or spoon, no hand) if they figit or have to go to the bathroom more than once in 2 hours. It made me a very depressed child. Besides that, we could not do anything fun that we saw normal kids doing. We could not even go out and play with them. Hopeless depression and isolation for children.

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

It's called brainwashing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A-Team..If you grew up in it..You totally enjoyed it!..That was the only way to avoid a smack in the head...OUTLAW

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Again, for those of ya who grew up a JW.....I don't know how ya could take so many years of this stuff.

Here`s the trick: Once you`ve proven yourself mature enough (age 9 or 10), you will be allowed to sit away from your parents, with a couple of other kids (preferably in the back). By that time, you know the deal: Behave, or you`ll be sitting next to your mom and dad again before you could say "let us open our Bibles and read Matthew blah blah. So, when having gotten rid of your parents, you quietly slip a comic mag into your My Book of Bible Stories (it`s perfect size!!). That`ll keep you going for a while. Then, of course, you have to go the bathroom (exactly) twice, once before the break, once after (anything more than that looks suspicious). Also, while pretending to be eagerly taking notes, you can spend your time drawing.

But you`re right, it`s horrible, those two hours. It felt like forever. Thank God it`s over

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

best time at the hall............. when some new people came and they had like 6 kids......... who got down out of their seats and started coloring on the floor.............. and i do mean ON THE FLOOR.......... crayola on carpet hehehehehhe

fortunately for them the highest calling in that organization is......... CARPET CLEANER.. so it prolly came out but i still laughed my arse off

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

"Again, for those of ya who grew up a JW.....I don't know how ya could take so many years of this stuff."

There are a bunch of things parents threaten you with if you don't want to go. There, simple enough, isn't it?

If you're a kid, being bored for two hours doesn't seem as bad as a beating or no tv.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And this was precisely why I had an interest in the weather. If a storm was headed our way, I would hope it hits about 8 hours before the meeting, and that it was cold enough for it to be all snow. I would like to see a foot or more of snow so the meeting would be cancelled.

And, I hated it when (1) the storm missed us, (2) it was too early (they cleaned up after it) or too late (no good), (3) it weakened so there wasn't enough snow to do any good, (4) it warmed up as Jehovah breathed on it to make it turn to rain and we had the damn boasting session, or (5) they were too stubborn and held the wastefest anyways. One of these almost invariably happened each and every storm. Why the storms always had to pick Monday or Wednesday, or the ones that happened on Sunday or Tuesday had to fizzle or be rain, I wish I could have undone. I only wanted blizzards that would cancel the meetings, and I wanted one blizzard per meeting (with impeccable timing).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit