For those who have traveled outside of the US...your favorite destination!

by restrangled 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Finally Free....you did not say whether you liked Germany and Austria, what did you think?

I was 14 when I went to Germany and Austria. My mom and grandmother took me along, mostly to carry their luggage around as they visited all their pre-WW2 family and friends. I did get to tour several historical sites and I enjoyed that. Unfortunately all the pictures I took were lost years ago.

My best memory was from Sindelfingen, Germany. There was this hot babe from San Diego who was there on vacation too. She was a few years older than me and took me under her wing and showed me the sights while the old cronies sat at home cackling.

W

• compound complex
  • restrangled
    restrangled

So FF you were birds of a feather?Did you lose contact with her?

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So FF you were birds of a feather?Did you lose contact with her?

Yep, we lost contact. I spent the rest of the trip pining for her. She went on to Munich, (1972 games) and we went on to Vienna from there. I think the train ride from Stuttgart to Vienna was the longest 9 hours of my life.

W

• journey-on
    journey-on

I've been to Germany, France, Austria, Luxemborg, Italy, Switzerland, and a brief touchdown in Iceland. Of course, I've

been to Mexico (Cozumel and Mazatlan) like most Americans. But, before I die, my desire is to go to Scotland and Ireland

and England if I have $$ and time. I used to want to go to Machu Picchu in Peru, but nowadays I worry about travelling outside

the USA, Canada, or GB.

• DrMike
    DrMike

So far...

Brazov and Sibiu, Romania
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Modena/Maranello. Italy

Have been the best.

Still working on it :)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The only place I have been outside the US is Canada and my best time in Canada was at Whistler Mountain in British Columbia, skiing.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Well up here in Norway its pretty good if you like landscape scenes but beware everything is very expensive up here (compared to Britain). Lake Como in Italy is very nice but for me the best place i've visited is Australia. The wildlife, the weather, the beaches but most of all the Great Barrier Reef, this really is a great country to visit and i'm sure it is also to live in aswell.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I've been to Germany, France, Austria, Luxemborg, Italy, Switzerland, and a brief touchdown in Iceland. Of course, I've

been to Mexico (Cozumel and Mazatlan) like most Americans. But, before I die, my desire is to go to Scotland and Ireland

and England if I have $$ and time. I used to want to go to Machu Picchu in Peru, but nowadays I worry about travelling outside

the USA, Canada, or GB.

Come on over...

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Oooh... forgot this place that I visited... absolutely stunning !

It looked like Mars as I flew over it to land... Namibia

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit