For those who have traveled outside of the US...your favorite destination!

by restrangled 49 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mine is Garmisch Germany....spotless and dog friendly, In the heart of the Alps, just on the border of Austria, driving distance to anywhere in Italy....an absolute dream.

The town is small, (near where Sound of Music was filmed) beautiful shops including, chocolate, designer fashions, local specialties and the best food you have ever tasted from every part of the world.

It is a professional skier's destination, and at the same time, cows are driven through in the morning and evening with most traffic coming to a halt to allow the same.

Driving in form Munich, about an hour, you climb mountains and then suddenly come into beautiful fields with the mountains rising above you. Absolutely breathtaking. If you'd like links I'll send you some.

Italy was another take your breath away destination.

Whats your favorite????

• fifi40
    fifi40

Venice is breathtakingly beautiful.....

Port Douglas in Oz was great and totally laid back.....

But my favourite would be Dubai where I have been very fortunate to stay in a very posh hotel (twice) and was thoroughly spoilt....I loved it....but it was pure relaxation and pamper

• restrangled
    restrangled

Fifi40,....that place has looked so exotic! How did you wind up there?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Costa Rica

Here's why...

• restrangled
    restrangled

OK, Never...

Have you been there and seen that many butts free of celulite? I am a little skeptical!!!!

r

• fifi40
    fifi40

In my hubbys previous job he got a freebie, flights and hotel paid for for 3 nights.........all we had to do was turn up and pay for food excluding breakfast.......we loved it sooooo much we went back for our honeymoon and stayed longer.......on the way back the first time (we flew with Emirates, it is only about 6 hrs from the UK) I asked for extra leg room and we got upgraded to business class....twas fab.

I also thought of the Red sea aswell awesome for diving (I only snorkel) but that is great the marine life is fab.....we went to Taba in Eygpt.....

But again if I had to recommend one place you must visit in your life it would be Venice.......that was beautiful......did you go whilst you were in Italy

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I have been there, r.

I love it and plan to go back, maybe permanently.

As for the butts, I'm not sure what you mean.

Ohhhhhhh.

Now I see the pic in question.

I posted that pic only because of the large inflatable can of Imperial beer in the background.

If I knew how to photoshop I'd delete those nasty posteriors.

• watson
    watson

NVR makes a great case for Costa Rica.

• oompa
    oompa

Tortolla and the BVI's....for sailing

Lake Lucerne, Switzerland...for everything else

oompa

• Kudra
    Kudra

Switz was ok- but I loved Argentina!!

More my style.

Went and hiked up to the south wall of Aconcagua. Fantastic. We were at a conference on global change along the American Cordillera and one of the guys with us was the one who found the Incan child mummy on Aconcagua in the 80s. He saw crazy colored feathers sticking out of a pile of rocks on an untraveled route. Pretty cool.

Also he was telling us about all the constellations- that was so wonderful, seeing stars i had NEVER seen before. :)

Ah! I love those memories.

-K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit