What's the nicest thing someone has ever said to you?

by John Doe 42 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
  • GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

1. "You're a good influence on people."

2. (From someone I pretty much idolize) "We're so much alike that I'd like to be your friend."

3. Most anything my husband says about me – far too many to remember individually, let alone list :) – but the one that stands out was: "When I was sitting in the front seat of our new car, it felt like you were hugging me – solid and luxurious."

gently feral

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

You are a good person.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here's mine. "You make me want to be a better person."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Once my bird said to me, "You're a GOOD bird!"

He only said it once.

W

• lola28
    lola28

You are the best sister ever.

Lola

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I look much younger than the "half a century" that I'll become in December, so sometimes I like to drop my age to give my aging ego a boost, kinda enjoy being told I look "thirty something" .

FYI, in case you want to know of some celebrities you are turning a golden oldie this year, I went to high school with Ray Romano and Fran Drescher (have the yearbook to prove it) . Do you think they look good for turnin 50 this year?

In junior high I went to school with Russel Simmons, he's a vegan and it kind of shows on him though.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Once my bird said to me, "You're a GOOD bird!"

He only said it once.

W

Your story reminds me of a couple of cockatiels I had named Fred and Ethel. Well, I built Fred and Ethel a nest box, and they laid some eggs and were sitting on them. One day, one of the funniest things I've ever seen occured in that cage.

The nest box was just a big plywood box hanging on the side of the cage. I had taught Fred to do a wolf whistle and say "Whatcha doin?,"and he did it quite frequently. Well, on this day Ethel was sitting on the eggs back in the corner of the nest box. Fred climbed up to the entrance, poked his head in the hole cocking it sideways so he was looking directly at Ethel, and let out the prettiest wolf whistle and "Whatcha doin?" that you ever heard. Well, evidently Ethel was pms-ing, cause she came flying out of that box and chased Fred around the cage, pecking and biting and flapping her wings. Fred eventually hid underneath the newspapers lining the bottom of the cage, and Ethel climbed back up the side of the cage, ruffled her feathers and looked absolutely furious. Fred tiptoed around the cage the rest of the day. I couldn't help thinking how human like that was. Well, it was my thread so I suppose I get to derail it. ;-)
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

"You're almost as cool as John Doe of JWD fame."

• flipper
    flipper

Hey John, I saw Jack Nicholson say that same thing to Helen Hunt in the movie , " As Good As it Gets" when they were at the dinner table . Or he might have said, " You make me want to be a better man. " Maybe that was it, haven't seen the movie in awhile ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit