Are we just domesticated animals?

by Anti-Christ 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I was doing a lot of thinking lately about the nature of us, humans. There are different ways of seeing it but if we did evolve, then that would explain a lot. What we call civilised is simply domestication. We auto-domesticated our self, if that makes any sense. Think about it and tell me what you think.

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

moooooo

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    What we call civilised is simply domestication

IP agrees with you totally.

Anti-christ??? no anarchist unite

• Satanus
    Satanus

That's how it looks to me, too. Civilization simply works better, and so, it is a further adaptation of evolution. You can see traces of this in many other animal species, elephants, cape buffalo, canines. All animals w social structures.

As well, we are tripart beings; animal, mind and spirit (my opinion). W civilization, we transcend the animal part, to a degree, and get into the mind part.

S

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What I think today, subject to change when knowledge and facts are presented. I dont believe in the bible. I dont believe in evolution. I dont know about God. I think not knowing about god makes me an agnostic. For me to believe in evolution would require more faith than to believe in God and I'm not that ambitious or full or energy. . My favorite theories today are 1) that we are god or spirits having material experiences. 2) that there is a god and we reincarnate over and over to reach nirvana. 3) That beings from space are cultivating us here on earth, which would be very similar to all the different forms and shapes of christianity. 4) That beings from space are cultivating us to eat our souls. 5) That beings from space have left us here as sort of worker ants to cultivate the earth for the space beings at a latter date. 6) That once there was a God but he died. 7) Another interesting theory is put forth by David Icke in Children of the matrix. 8) That another realm, invisible, so call it spirit, is interacting with the material realm. The beings in that realm designed our bodies and also made them adaptable this goes with number 1. 9) This is where I would put my beleif in evolution at the bottom of this list. And with a whole lot more faith than I can immagine. Of course, I dont have faith in anything. But since none of the above non human participants have contacted the masses and man sees adaptation, they extrapolate that to be evolution. I just dont have enough faith to believe that. And thats just me.
  • Spectre
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    For me to believe in evolution would require more faith than to believe in God and I'm not that ambitious or full or energy.

Not trying to get off topic but evolution and god have nothing to do with each other.

Evolution is a theory of how life became what it is today. Not a theory of how life started.

Just a concerned atheist tryin to keep facts straight.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm not domesticated.

W

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've been called an animal a few times.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't fully understand evolution, in particular the exact origins. However, the evidence points in the evolutionary direction. I am also in the anamist, pantheist area. It's where my meditational practice has led me.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit