Silent Lambs

by BEROEAN 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I took the question at face value. If someone is new to the info I think it could be easily seen that silentlambs was suing the WTS for victims.

• besty
    besty

And less bold font in your posts while you're at it please.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

My intention was not to mislead or assume. In my brief history in the Org. i've only known of one person accused of child abuse. He was arrested and sent to jail. I guess in my limited knowledge of the court proceedings I thought Silent Lambs was a party in the case. I understand the victims are the ones making the decision and it would be pretty intimidating to refuse a settlement and dig in for a 15 round heavyweight fight against the Org. Obviously there's culpability on the Org.'s part. Why else would they settle? It would be "enlightening" to see how prevalent the child abuse is. I guess i'm hungry for names. Tangible proof. And if they are proven to be hypocrites by covering up a major scandal i'll leave and not think twice. Again, in my brief history, I haven't seen the things most of you have encountered. But, I can't just take a persons word for it either; even Ray Franz. Call me doubting Thomas. Coming out of Christendom I saw things with my own eyes. This has made me very skeptical and slow to trust another person's word. When I studied, I read apostate literature, tested what I had been previously told about Jdubs from members of my previous church, and cross referenced major beliefs. So far, the Org. stands up pretty well against other religions. However,my life and emotions are not interwoven with the Org. Why would an Elder come to this site if he had "unwavering" faith in the Org.? Contrary to some posters beliefs, there are Elders that think for themselves.

And I might mention the argument about it 'being impossible to be in the Org. and make your own decisions or think for yourself' is an unfair statement. I could say the same thing about every person alive. If you live in this country, the government tells you what decisions you can make for yourself and what decisions you can't (How fast to drive, Nude sunbathing, Drug use, Carrying a gun,ect.). We all speed, but how many of us are going to stand in front of the police station and brag about it? Isn't that what some posters think pubs.should do? "Sure you went out clubbing, but I bet you won't tell the Elders about it!" well duh!!!! Regarding free thinking, try showing your disgust for this country by hanging a flag upside down. Or going to a John Kerry speech and asking a hard-hitting question. (Don't taze me bro!) Free thinking is relative. But, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist with people in the Org. Maybe we concede some of our thoughts more than others, but by no means do we totally give up our freedom of thought.

One other note: Can anyone tell me if there's security cameras everywhere at the WHQ? Reading some posts here makes it sound like The Matrix.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Here is the link to documented legal court transcripts and info on various cases about the WTS and sexual abuse - well worth the money

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A quick visit to the Silent Lambs website would dispel any notion that they were part of the lawsuit. Links to the various news organizations are listed when the news of the settlement was released. I'm not sure what you mean by names. Were you looking for a roster of pedophiles and victims?

• monophonic
    monophonic

i'm glad you're on the forum, sorry for my assumption above.

keep up the research and i look forward to more postings and experiences from you.

• monophonic
    monophonic

btw, you bring up a very good point re: the police and comparing the elders.

personally, i was friends with elders from when i was a little kid, and i'm very resolved not to hide my authentic self from any friends, family, associates.

i also have family who are on the police force and know that i do illegal stuff here and there, and they even do it themselves.

so, comparing the two is a bit subjective.

would someone confess all the laws they broke to a police officer who has no relationship with them? no.

would i discuss with my brother in law all night parties i'm going to that should be shut down by police because they're illegal? yes....i might not tell him where they are, but he wouldn't shun me for attending or promoting the parties. i also work with an organization that's doing something blatantly illegal as a protest to a current law. he knows i'm associated with them. still, he would never shun me or tell me i'm wrong....in fact, he has said to drop his name if i'm ever in any trouble.

i have never, in the seven congregations i was in growing up, seen any similar reasonableness among the elders....the minute a rule was broken, even a very light rule, even though i had been friends with them for life, they were up my ass and i probably have more experience in committee meetings on the other side than some elders.

and they weren't being merciful, i knew how to play the game in the backroom when needed and most of the time they were up my ass for stuff i never did and treated me guilty until proven innocent. it turned out there were some jealous sisters who planted fibs here and there b/c i wasn't into them and since they were pioneers and i was a lowly publisher, guess who gets to sit eight hours with elders trying to make them understand i hadn't been near _____ or ever ______, etc. so, in my experience, and the times i have dealt with the police when i've been busted for something, the police have been way more respectful, tolerant and trustworthy than any elder has ever been.

i faded years ago. if the elders saw my authentic self they would DF me in a second. just because i can't believe the wtbts is the spokesman for God. they would need no other reason, i would be an apostate and no longer and jehovah's witness and lose communication with any family and friends who are still witnesses.

not to say that police are the great sympathizers, but i'll take a cop any day over an elder.

• Mary
    Mary
    It would be "enlightening" to see how prevalent the child abuse is. I guess i'm hungry for names. Tangible proof. And if they are proven to be hypocrites by covering up a major scandal i'll leave and not think twice.

I suggest you click on the link that Lady Lee provided for you. It's legal documents that exposes the WTS's hypocritical and disgusting behaviour when it comes to pedophilia. I was especially disgusted at the WT's lawyers refusing to supply even the simpliest of documents to the court. Idiots.

Again, in my brief history, I haven't seen the things most of you have encountered. But, I can't just take a persons word for it either; even Ray Franz.

Ya right.....But you seem more than willing to accept the Governing Body's word that they've done nothing inappropriate although there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Why is that? If Ray Franz had lied about what went on behind closed doors, the WTS would have sued him. The fact that they did NOTHING speaks volumes. Think they wouldn't pull a stunt like that? Sure they would. They filed suit against a poster on here named "Quotes" for the website he had up whereby he did nothing more than quote their literature. In the suit they claimed they found their own words "embarassing": http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/98096/1.ashx

Like LL already said, the WTS has unlimited funds for fighting lawsuits in court. Quotes didn't and his site was taken down. Fortunately, thanks to the internet, someone else in the U.K. put it back up.

So if you're really eager to find out the truth about "the Truth", I suggest you start with the above mentioned links so you can see for yourself what a bunch of hypocritical slimeballs the Governing Body really are.

• bisous
    bisous

From your posts on another thread, Beroean, I had the impression you were an elder. How is it that you are an elder with such a brief history?

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Bisous,

I don't know. Some have mentioned that I was the "poster boy" for a worldly person fed up with christendom. I was appointed ministerial servant rather quickly after I was baptized. Shortly thereafter, I was appointed Elder. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary and I do know of two brothers who were raised in the truth and not appointed that really got bent out of shape about me getting appointed before them. However, despite being appointed so soon, I don't see things through rose colored glasses. Coming from the world, i've seen way more than the friends can do to manipulate people. That's why I said in a previous post that I don't take another person's word for it. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I tend to only believe what I see.

*Whispering* - I even have doubts that Jehovah exists. Yes, I weigh the evidence and check it against evolution, but with some of the recent advances in science and technology, my belief in creation is at about 85% and declining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit