Silent Lambs

by BEROEAN 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

So was this all about money or what? I was hoping Silent Lambs would resist the money and push for the exposure of the criminals. Instead they cave in to the gag order and they took the money and ran! I thought it was all about exposing the pedophiles and rapists so that they wouldn't harm any more kids? I'm so disappointed! A money grab! Pure and simple!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I was hoping Silent Lambs would resist the money and push for the exposure of the criminals. Instead they cave in to the gag order and they took the money and ran!

I don't understand, is it not the victims that decide? Why would Silent lambs take the money, what money? The money is for the victims not Silent Lambs. Please explain.

• yknot
    yknot

Silent Lambs had no control as to the decision to accept a out-of-court settlement. My understanding is that the Judge told the WTBS he was going to okay a subpoena for an alleged "sex offender database", at this the WTBS made an offer the victims found too good to refuse, must have been a very large sum.

Now the WTBS is in the same boat as the Catholic Church. Bet we won't see anymore publications denouncing the settling of abuse cases.

I think Silent Lambs is a noble endeavor. It gives victims a place to go, to find comfort and assistance finding legal counsel regarding possible lawsuits.

All of this is just more evidence that "God's chosen sole channel" has clearly put "RICHES" over God.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The WTS has a bundle of money and can keep cases in the courts for years while a survivor of abuse goes bankrupt.

silentlambs is an organization that has nothing to do with taking cases to the courts. silentlambs run by Bill Bowen is an organization that has publicized the issue of pedophilia in the WTS/JWs.

Don't confuse the two things. They are separate

• - individuals who have taken the WTS/elders to court and
    • - silentlambs that uses the media to expose the WTS and its mishandling of cases

some individuals have accept monetary awards. You can get more info at

• besty
    besty

Beroean - life must disappoint you frequently if this post is a microcosm of your decision making ability...please engage your own brain before you engage ours.

Most people that post here will be happy to help reveal facts but please try not to form opinions upfront without even a cursory attempt to do some basic research.

Rant over.

• Berean
    Berean

OK, I deleted what I originally posted. I'm trying to be nice. Beroean, please explain how you came to the conclusion that Silent Lambs took a “money grab”. I look forward to understanding your point of view. Thanks,

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

sorry i was under the impression you had to have a free mind to have an opinion......... at least thats my opinion

PG of the free mind class

• monophonic
    monophonic

i'm starting to think there might be an intention of bringing misinformation to this forum.

fortunately, many have good bs detectors here since we've dealt with enough of it during our time "in".

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

What an incredibly silly topic ,must have come from a WTS drone

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Why is the least educated group in the US always assuming that their knowledge is superior to others? As if a statement of misinformation like Borean presented would just be accepted on face value. My few active friends are exactly the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit