The concept of entitlement

by blueviceroy 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Why do so many people hold out the hand and say "put what I need here,but I don't know what I need so can you do that to?"

This pervasive miasma of gimme gimme is inexplicable to me . People willing to consume any dross that falls at the feet as if it were the sweetest mana merely because they lack the drive to question

These undoubtably are immature individuals that have yet to learn that the only thing of value is that which "we "value not what others value but what we discover after effort.

Why don't they teach that in school? Ooooh yeah the parents right .

We all get what we deserve sooner or later, and when you look deep inside and ask yourself "what is me" you will discover what is deserved

• 5go
    5go

Why should you be able to

Speak Freely = reguires a legal system to keep it up which in turn requires taxation.

Choose your own Religion = again reguires a legal system to keep it up

Have an abilty to redress of grivences = reguires a legal system to decide grivences

Own property despite not actualy possesing it = property rights again reguiring a legal system to enforce it.

I love how you guys think the poor just go away when you reduce or stop entitlements (rights). No they tend to starve and get worse till they start rioting and then throw revolts then suddenly a figure head comes out of no where and we have a dictadorship. ( April 29, 1992 listen to the song by Sublime he made a good point about why the riots really happened in LA ) Need proof of this look off Florida there is your proof Cuba. A government set up by the USA is taken over by dictador after dictador. By the way which one stays in power the longest? The one that tries to take care of the people or atleast makes a good show of it.

So while your siting their complaining about the poor not working to your satifaction and wanting help. Why don't you think about your own basic entitlements (rights) draining on society and how to ease the cost of enforcing them. You might as well they will be they first you have to give up any way to get what you want.

• journey-on
    journey-on

It's about Balance. But your definition of balance may be different from mine. Everybody wants to help the poor.

But there is a difference in opinion as to when "helping" actually becomes "hindering."

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I guess my post was a bit vague as to intent. I was reflecting on personal encroachment in a more intelectual manner, not bemoaning the fact that others in the world can't get the basic needs to maintain a conection with body and soul

My intenet was of a more philisophical nature as in " Why do people run around asking to be served predigested ideas"

I guess I feel a little impatient with people that are not mentally vibrant and refuse to think for themselves.

FYI I grew up poor as poor is my mother sat me on the bar to change my diaper in between serving beer.

The suffering in life is a fact . If you wish to help, remove the need for help . Waving around information to raise "awareness" like it constitutes real action is ludicris.

I don't contribute to suffering in anyway. If EVERYONE in the world did the same it would change reality. Until then any good that can be done must be done one person at a time. There are no quick and easy solutions being angry over an inevitibility is foolish and wasteful

Suffering is caused by SELFISH desires .period . If you experience a selfish desire and act on it you are part of the problem. That is a truth

So do you act on selfish desires?

• 5go
    5go
    But there is a difference in opinion as to when "helping" actually becomes "hindering."

Hindering the poor from what life and hapiness? The system of classes does a good job of that on it's own. What ever happened to all people being equal. Why did it change the Orwellian some people are more equal than others.

Does welfare get abused ? Does free speech get abused ? Does freedom of Religion get abused ? Should we take them away because they get abused. Guess what, yes! That is why there are courts to decide those things. So that the indivuals pay for their indivdual abuse of the system, and not punish the public en masse.

( Yes, even religous freedom can be abused. Ever heard of tax scams involving phony Religions ? Ever heard of human sacrafices and other rituals not permitted under law ? Those would be a cases of religous freedom abuse. )

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    This pervasive miasma of gimme gimme is inexplicable to me

Yeah - I've never been able to figure out the mentality of a CEO who can scam a few million people out of their hard earned cash, watch a few committ suicide when they lose their pensions and cash and still sit and eat breakfast with a smile on their face while planning another vacation to Europe. Yep - never have been able to understand those dang gimme folk laying on their yachts soaking up the sun and living on their almost tax free hedge funds, all the while demanding their political friends reduce their taxes further - how dare those pathetic, working poor souls ask for some basic health care for their kids. Yep - never have been able to understand those gimme folk...no sir ....sammieswife.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

let me clarify to another person who has a personal axe to grind and reads themselves in everything (ahem)

THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT POOR PEOPLE AND THE FACT THAT WE ALL PAY TAXES IT'S NOT ABOUT POLITICS OR ANYTHING TANGIBLE WHATSOEVER . IT'S ABOUT A STATE OF MIND NOTHING MORE . IF I HAVEN'T MADE MYSELF CLEAR YOU CAN PM ME ANYTIME FOR A MORE IN DEPTH DISCUSSION

THANK FOR YOUR TIME BLUEVICEROY

P.S. I am not to be found comtemplating politics and the evil policies of the wealthy ever and I don't have much in my head except boring concepts like "what constitutes a man " and stuff like that

• 5go
    5go
    FYI I grew up poor as poor is my mother sat me on the bar to change my diaper in between serving beer.

I am poor as we speak and I am advoiding welfare but it's good to know it is there should I need it.

That is the proplem with a lot of people have. They don't think they will need it at all, and so they think they "I will never ever need it, get rid of it I don't want to pay for it". Which maybe be true, but every one has some family member on welfare some how maybe from a disabilty. Think if that person had to rely on family that would be drain their resources, and time as well; and lead to greater disfuction in the family; and society as a whole.

• 5go
    5go

Well you open this topic with a current politcal debate idea. The ideas "the poor don't pull their own weight" "their lazy" "cut them off the nipple" "stop the handouts" What did you expect?

the Title : The concept of entitlement

Sounds politcal. Kind of like you want to make the poor look lazy. Also from the looks of your first post sounds like you have never heard of working poor.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I guess by the subject line it appears that you meant 'entitlement' such as in - government, political, financial etc.

I am confused about the concept of entitlement in accordance with being spoonfed information for example, on a religious theme. Do you mean, like in JW's, they wait on 'new light', or believe that by virtue of their belief they feel entitled to something that others are not? Like everlasting life? sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit