Staying a Christian Upon Leaving (cont.)

by serotonin_wraith 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    They are sorry but Muslims, Buddhist, and Atheist are beating Christians with there up to date views on the world. Christian are trying hard to cling to the past in a evolving world that punishes you for not adapting to the current situations.

"Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith. Grace be with you." -1 Timothy 6:20-21

Just what are those "up to date views of the world" you speak of? Much of what is believed to be true now will be revealed to be nothing more than an elaborate hoax in the future.

"I will praise the LORD all my life;
    I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Do not put your trust in princes,
    in mortal men, who cannot save.

When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
    on that very day their plans come to nothing." -Psalm 146:2-4

BA- Be careful what you swallow. It might just cost you your life.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Muslims? Up to date view? Surely you jest.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Muslims? Up to date view? Surely you jest.

Yeah.

You lost me there, 5.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

am not putting you down.

Obviously, it's very important for you to share your views.

I sincerely offered the suggestion that certain improvements in your manner of expression might make it easier for some of us to read and take seriously what you are presenting.

Should you choose to take offense, check out Ecclesiastes 7:9.

I delliberately respond in kind. Over and over again I have posted on this board and over and over again those holding a view against religion start every statement with a put down. They honestly believe that somehow makes them superior.

When repeated back to them they take offence which they should. Is this how intellegent people should response I think not. However, there is a lot of anger among those trying to prove God does not exist. I posted and the attacks started no one cared about my point of veiw they made up their mind and started with the put downs.

People can believe what they want, but if they need to cut a person up too prove their point it does not prove anything but they can win an argument. I for one have never had someone change my mind through put downs.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Explane to me how you beating someone of another faith wins anything?

• 5go
    5go

Islam was started as an answer to the Christians supposed heresy. If I remember right their prophet didn't believe Jesus was god just another prophet they don't believe in the trinty ( if you ask most lay christians don't either ). Also Islam does't carry as much sectarian baggage as Christianity does. Yes they aren't much better in the killing department but there are reasons why they are converting people in the west rather easily now.

Yes, I am serious they are converting Christians in the USA not just europe and the west. I just saw a couple caucasian ladies wearing the muslim head scarf thing not that long ago. A lot of our soldiers are going to the middle east and converting to islam. Then bringing it back home and later their wives convert too.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

So you honestly believe beating someone that is not of your faith wins something? How are people every going to learn with that belief system?

• 5go
    5go
    So you honestly believe beating someone that is not of your faith wins something? How are people every going to learn with that belief system?

Look back into your faith's history they killed you even if you converted to christianity because your soul was already saved.

That is not the reason people convert to Islam from Christianity any ways. Islam makes more sence dogma wise to some lay Christians.

And need I remind you who is always at the front of the line to excute criminals in the USA, fundementalist christians.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No one is putting "you" down, writetoknow.

The ideas you shared have been considered and some have pointed out fallacious argumentation within them.

It should not be taken persoanally.

It's about the ideas, not the personality of the individual expressing them.

If suggestions are made about improving the manner in which you present your views, that is done in the interest of assuring that your views are not being misunderstood.

If we're all looking for clarity, open discussion is a positive thing.

Keep up the interesting posts.

• Satanus
    Satanus

writetoknow

You may recall that my efforts at getting mouthy to look at animal suffering was rebuffed w the claim that it was 'atheist crap'. Nice christian, eh?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit