WT in the business of selling cars????

by observador 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JK666
    JK666

I am sure that they were serviced by Mr. Goodshaft!

JK

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I know someone who bought one of the cars several years ago. Everyone in the congo was like "aaaahhhhh....its a CO's car....it has extra holy spirit" and I remember thinking "Are these folks serious?" And everyone wanted to ride in it and the "brother" and his wife got a real kick out of having it too.

• confused and lost
    confused and lost

We had a letter to the same effect read out at the service meeting here in the UK.No doubt if you buy a former CO's car your status in the congregation will take you up another rung on the spiritual ladder.lol

• observador
    observador

"(I never knew about this car thing though.)"

That's why it is important to expose this once again. Besides, there are a lot of new people on the board who need to see the Organization for what it is.

Observador.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Isn't it a shame that the Watchtower's car selling website is much higher quality than their religious websites? Seriously, it takes a LOT of time to make a website like this. The society DEFINITELY went to an outside web design company here. There is no way the pimply-faced haxx0rz at bethel could make anything this nice.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Observador, are you from Grand Rapids?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I don't mean to comment spam but the text on that letter is obviously added by software. It's probably a fake. The Circuit Leasing website mentions nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses.

• observador
    observador

No, I am not from Grand Rapids.

I'm curious: why would you think the text of the letter is a fake. It contains regular JW language, and doesn't contain anything over the top, too damning to the WT.

It's a typical letter thanking someone for their interest in the business. Why don't you write to them and see if they would write you back? As I stated in the opening post, I am just sharing what I received.

Observador.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Well I'm not surprised by how they're apparently leaving behind the Buick Lesabres and going with the Japanese sedans like the Camry. Much better resale value.

I sincerely wish the WTBTS becomes increasingly cash strapped. Nothing would give me more joy than to see COs driving around in base model daewoos. But I've rarely been given joy with anything having to do with them so I won't hold my breath.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I get their Sales Materials about once a year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit