WT in the business of selling cars????

by observador 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• observador
    observador

I just received an email from a friend with pictures of what seems to be a WT-approved or WT-connected used car business.

This friend is telling us that the cars being sold are those previously used by Circuit Overseers. He's giving us some links and pictures, but I haven't had the time to investigate, so I thought to put them up here for discussion.

The web address of the business is, quite appropriately, www.circuitleasing.com

Here are the documents made available by this acquaintance of mine:

One seems to be a kind of standardized letter, with the usual JW-speak, their address and everything:

And this one here you gotta love it. Yes, that's an attempt at a prospect material to be sent to all interested loving brothers and sisters:

Yes, if you want warranty, you gotta buy it separate.

Had you heard of that business before? Has it been posted here before?

So, brothers and sisters you can now posses a new to you Buick LeSabre, with the added benefit of knowing it was owned before by one of the "glorious one".

Enjoy!

Observador.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes, this topic was commented on in 2000, the first year of this board's existence.

Go partway down through this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/328/1.ashx

In 2000, you could get a free "no blood" key chain for buying a car through this agency. Seriously!!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yep. Been going on for years.

http://www.skylighters.org/slimages3/oldloc1.jpg

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

In 2000, you could get a free "no blood" key chain for buying a car through this agency. Seriously!!

Well.

Then sign me up for a dozen.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Financially astute

Fiscally responsible

Yep, that just about says it all!

• yknot
    yknot

Oh yea, this has been a thriving business for awhile.

I have often referred this site to Pioneers in my congregation on the look out for a "newer" model car for service.

Never fails they are shocked! Some have written and asked for reduced prices, but only receive like $500 less quote. And the kicker is they know that the cars were bought with their donations, for Kingdom Interest. Most feel that the cars should be donated to local congregations for FS or the needy.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, my husband and I purchased one several years ago. We felt that it would "help support" the congregations, etc. blah blah.

I hated that car. My husband found out it had been in a wreck and we were never told.......

I believe that the owner of the car dealership is the father in law of Judah Ben Schroder, who is now being put through law school at Columbia University in New York (a very pricey school) courtesy of the WTS.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Click on "Inventory" when you get to the site! http://www.circuitleasing.com/

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom SE
    Mileage:Varies
    Color:Ming Blue, Black, White, Platinum Metallic, Glacier Blue (Pictured) and Steelmist
    Condition:Excellent
    Description:

AVAILABLE NOW! The 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom SE is now on sale. These fully loaded LeSabres come equipped with power windows and locks, air conditioning, AM/FM Stereo cassette with CD and XM satellite radio, alloy wheels, Michelin tires, power driver and power passenger seats, OnStar, remote entry, traction control, and much more! The 3.8 liter V6 engine is rated one of the top engines in the world. The LeSabre gets excellent gas mileage as well - 20 city / 29 highway. Pricing starts at $9,995. Contact us at [email protected] for a brochure on how to purchase one of these cars.

2007 Toyota Camry LE
    Mileage:20,000
    Color:Blue Ribbon Metallic with gray cloth interior
    Description:For Sale. 4 cylinder Toyota Camry LE. Power windows and locks, remote entry, AM/FM Stereo with CD and MP3 player Cruise control, power driver's seat and tilt. $19,500
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L
    Mileage:37,000
    Color:Sage Green with Gray Leather Interior
    Description:

For Sale. 2005 Nissan Altima with leather interior. Power windows and locks, AM/FM Stereo with CD, cruise, tilt, remote entry, new tires. #13,995

2003 Honda Accord EX
    Mileage:60,000
    Color:Gray with Gray Leather Interior
    Description:For Sale. 2003 Honda Accord EX - 4 door, 4 cylinder. Power windows and locks, moon roof, power drivers seat, AM/FM Stereo with 6 Disc CD changer, heated leather seats, rear spoiler. 60,000 miles - $14,995.
    2003 Honda Accord EX V6
    Mileage:30,000
    Color:Tan with tan leather interior
    Description:For Sale. 2003 Honda Accord EX - V6, power windows and locks, 6 disc changer, heated seats, moon roof, tilt, and cruise. New tires. 30,000 miles, $17,995.

Cheers! Atlantis-

• avengers
    avengers

With all the money I put into the (B)organization in the 30 + years I was in, I should get one of those cars for free.

(I never knew about this car thing though.)

• Clam
    Clam

Bought to you by PIONEER In Car Entertainment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit