Just another URBAN LEGEND

by TopHat 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The father should have been held for murder since there was no mention of life vests?

abr

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

The boys friend would have reserected because he did not have the time to get to know Jehober. All you have to do is give the example of Jebus before he died when he said to the dude next to him " you will be with me in paradise".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Man, I would've been pissed to see my dad abandon me to the waves.

Fast forward ten years, and the father meets up with his son's friend, who is now an atheist. "I sacrificed my son so that you would become a JW...he died for nothing!". "Don't put that guilt trip on me, pops!"

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

There's another one that gets passed around at conventions as if it happened in YOUR circuit!

A family decides to build a new house (insinuating materialism), and because of all the work involved, they started missing more meetings. One Thursday night (meeting night) while they stayed home to do some painting on the house, their daughters were riding bikes. One of the little girls ends up getting hit by a car. The father runs over to pick up her body and she dies in her arms while he screams "WHY OH WHY WEREN'T WE AT THE MEETING?! IF WE WERE THERE, THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!" And the speaker always says something psuedo-chilling at the end of the story like, "And now you can bet that the family never misses a meeting....but there's always an empty seat on their row where their daughter used to sit."

The mindless drones fall for it every time.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I heard a similiar version of the materialistic parents, dead child, story above. This was given in our circuit, 10 years ago, by none other than the circuit overseer, Al Murray! (some of you know him).

In his version, the materialistic parents went to the shopping mall on Saturday morning, instead of service, and left their two kids home. The kids decided to cook themselves breakfast and the little girl's p.j.'s caught fire and she was burned to death! Did Old Al start crying because he was so moved to tears by the tragedy? No, he blamed the (nonexistent) victims! If they had only been out in service, as a family, like they SHOULD have been, there children would still be alive! If this is a true story, then double shame for using such a horrific family tragedy to blame the victims and guilt the congo into more service time. No compassion whatsoever!

I was still a die hard dub when I heard this and I thought it was stupid then. I actually went home and told my husband and other JW friends, I thought his illustration was horrible. Maybe the family were pioneers and already had their time in for the month, that's why they went shopping! Did you ever think of that, Al?

Anyway, I don't know what this says about the sister, from our circuit, who DID go out in service, and was hit by a train. (She was talking about all her not at homes and not paying attention to the track signals.) This happened just last year, and her leg had to be amputated. Kids weren't seriously hurt. Still, I really bet she wishes she had skipped service and gone to the mall that Saturday!

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit