Assaults Are a Bad Idea ( One exception?)

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Meta, I like the way you are thinking. Franz TOTALLY maintained his dignity, even as he fought back. Granted, it was a bit after the fact, but he got his .02 in!

This is a great idea, and frankly, dignity in the DF situation may be a little overrated. You are already being publicly humiliated and have a large group of people being given religious and social permission to disrespect you in public and in private-literally to humiliate you.

So, how do we implement it, beyond those who are here online. How do we make it more difficult for the WT org. to encourage shunning and humiliation of former members?

Choosing not to go 'meekly into the night' is one thing, but turning it into a movement. . .something else.

My first suggestion is for all those who are being shunned, don't accept it. YOU have the right to greet anyone, and YOU have the right to contact people you care about. The WT organization can't order you to not speak to people. (DON'T go to the point of having restraining orders against you!) When you are consistently rebuffed (and maybe you won't be as much as you think???), then you have a right to be a bit confrontational-whether it be an editorial, a chat with the local newspaper ruckus rouser or whatever non-violent kind of protest that seems effective. Don't be invisible. Don't be a nutjob. But, you know what? If you treat a black person or a Jew the way many of us allow JWs to treat US, there would be a scandal in the paper. A respected business man refuses to speak to you just because you left his church? A minister makes you sit AT THE BACK OF THE HALL where no one is allowed to speak to you? Your mother won't tell you about your fathers illness-or death??? Is this reasonably the bargain you made at baptism???I don't think so!

• metatron
    metatron

For those of you who doubt my ideas, let me paint you a picture:

You are watching TV and suddenly the show "Cops" comes on. The theme music "Bad Boys" starts and the show presents

a tired police officer relating how he is driving to YET ANOTHER disturbance at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

"It gets tiresome - you know , domestic disputes, drunks beating their wives - and now these Witness fights. We never used

to have trouble with them".

The above is fiction. But what if really happened? And kept happening? Week after week? Intersperced with shirtless thugs in trailer

parks being led off in handcuffs?

metatron

• trevor
    trevor

A good post Terry.

I see you post a lot less since leaving your job. Hope you are keeping well. Your efforts on this forum have helped to enlighten many people, including me.

Never forget the Power of Now. Now is reality - the past is a trick of the mind.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    A respected business man refuses to speak to you just because you left his church? A minister makes you sit AT THE BACK OF THE HALL where no one is allowed to speak to you? Your mother won't tell you about your fathers illness-or death??? Is this reasonably the bargain you made at baptism???I don't think so!

I was not DFed, but walked away after learning what I DIDN'T know about BEFORE making the decision to be baptized. The results of my treatment is exactly the same as if I had committed serious sin and " stubbornly refused to repent".

HOW can one KNOW that, at baptism, that the WTS had deliberately hid it's dirty secrets from the ones who would eventually devote their entire LIVES to the total subservience of men in Brooklyn?

I think the premise of Metatron's post carries some real food for thought. Isn't it about time that the Mafia-type fear tactics and THEIR subsequent and inhumane behavior, be exposed on a more wide basis?

Annie

• Terry
    Terry

A good post Terry.

I see you post a lot less since leaving your job. Hope you are keeping well. Your efforts on this forum have helped to enlighten many people, including me.

Thanks.

I've been back at work a couple of weeks.

Reboot; as it were.

Back to duelling evil in my cape and mask :)

• metatron
    metatron

I told a middle aged Catholic lady about the elders covering up child molesters in our hall - and

how they used disfellowshipping to silence people and prevent them from informing others about

it.

Her solution: Hire two large black bodyguards and enter the hall and tell everyone there about

what you know (loudly). When you are satisfied that you have caused a scandal and everyone

knows, you leave with your "entourage".

Exactly!

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit