Need Help.....My assignemnt in school ths week....GO TO A KINGDOM HALL

by A-Team 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

....Yes, believe it or not, I do have to sit in on a full meeting on Sunday at the local Kingdom Hall, and do a report on how they run their services. I do have a few questions: 1. What id considered approbate dress for females (I will have 2 females with me) 1A. Do I have to shave my beard to 'blend in' 2. Normally to church, I have a brief case with note pads and my Bible....is that a tad too much to carry into a hall? 3. What else do I need to do to blend in and NOT to bring attention to myself?

• Priest73
    Priest73

So? You're a female with a beard? Strange.

• erynw
    erynw

Wear a dress. But if you're going to wear a dress, definitely shave your beard so as not to bring attention to yourself.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Wear what you want and don't bother to shave. The fact that you are a "new face" will not allow you to blend in.

Act like you just moved there and had spoken to JW's before, that's WHY you are there. Don't give info out about yourself - just tell them you will come back.

• erynw
    erynw
    So? You're a female with a beard? Strange.

Dang it priest, you beat me to it.

• Priest73
    Priest73

only by two minutes... working from the layzboy today so I have plenty of FOD time.

• A-Team
    A-Team

It's actually 6 of us in our group, and I need to know the dress code for females, since we don't know the dress code for them. And no, I can't be a new face, because the COngration has alot of my former students in it...and they KNOW that I'm just a Christian.

• JulieM
    JulieM

You can dress how you like, keep your beard, and don't expect to use your bible too much. Prepare to shake hands with at least 40 people, more if it's a big congregation, be love bombed, offerred a bible study and make a lot of new friends - and that'll happen within 10 minutes of you entering the hall.

As for the meeting, that'll be mind numbingly boring, especially the Watchtower study. I'm sure someone will provide you with a copy of the magazine they are using, and severalother pieces of literature as well.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

For college? Or what kind of school?

LINDA

• A-Team
    A-Team

School report/research. I haven't told this board that Im in my last year of Minister's school,and one of ur projects this year is to observe all denominations and religions and see how things are done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit