millions now living will never die [ or did they]

by jacethespace 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

I just cant understand why the watchtower still holds to this convention from 1933, that millions now living will never die.My nan was born in 1925 and shes in her late 80s.So who was the watchtower refering to when they said that they would never die.It coudnt have been people who were middle aged back then or older.And i cant believe they were just talking to people between the ages of 7-20 or so either that wouldnt fit the " millions " hype.Yet its still refered to today in meetings and in the revelation book as a very important event.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Didn't they mean, they'd be spared the "eternal death"? I think we ALL survive when we die, no hell fire at all, because we are ALL sinners and God is a loving God who will NOT destroy his creations.

LINDA

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

No silly, didn't you hear it's ... Millions Now Living May Never Die.

• marmot
    marmot

First, your nan is in her early 80s if she was born in 1925 ;-), and second wasn't that convention in Cedar Point, Ohio, in 1922?

In fact, wasn't the gist of the announcement that the END or the resurrection of the "ancient worthies" was supposed to happen in 1925, therefore "millions now living will never die"?

Here's a quote from the book bearing the same name:

"Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die."

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Quote: "Millions Now Living May Never Die. "

I can read that...but...maybe it really means, "...may never die an eternal death"? I know that the Jdubs refer to a literal death here on the earth, that they will still live on and on and on. But they base that claim no doubt on a scripture (taken out of context of course) and whatever scripture it is (if any) would more than likely mean that we would not die an eternal death. I guess I've been away so long, I forgot.

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher

Actually, that public talk was first delivered by J.F. Rutherford in Los Angeles, California on 2/24/1918. He started the "Millions" campaign (lecture and book) to whip up hysteria and increase the membership counts, which were wavering due to the death of the Watchtower Corp.'s originator C.T. Russell on 10/31/1916.

The prediction of the new system by 1925 meant that if you followed the Judge's lead, surely you'd only have 7 more years to wait to be delivered.

And yes, everyone who listened to and believed the Judge really died. I think it's embarrassing that the WTS has continued to point to that series of talks as noteworthy, seeing that it was (of course) one of their major false prophecies.

• oompa
    oompa

Gopher you really are amazing at your historical JW knowledge. It's like you are JW_GOOGLE. I really do hate that tv comercial on now with the guy playing trumpet born in 1906 still playing every friday night at the red post inn or something.....still cant shake it all...oompa

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Sure they refer to that "landmark" convention in Ceder Point,Ohio in 1922. They mention it over and over. They tell us time after time about "Judge" Drunkafords admonition to "Advertise, Advertise, Advertise...the King and His Kingdom!"

What they DONT say is what Anti-Prohibition Joe said in that very talk...Namely, the things here discussed.

Hmmm...wonder why?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The statement of Millions was released in 1918. It meant that Millions of "worldly" people would never die, as at that stage all Watchtower followers thought they were going to die and go to heaven. The way the Watchtower refers to this talk is quite dishonest. This is one of the classic false prophecies of the Watchtower Society.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

You can either believe God or man,

Deut 18:20-22

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

Fear of man is what lays a snare.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit