I'm in love and I need your help

by lola28 16 Replies latest jw friends

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Most small dogs are Yappers! She's cute btw.

LINDA

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

My grandpa has a Jack Russell and I'll tell you how she behaves.

"Tippie" loves to eat hot oatmeal in the winter. She does not like being cold. She curls up in a doggie bed or in her owner's lap every chance she gets. She seems snotty like to say, "You aren't good enough to touch me. I like Charles here thank you." She obeys commands very well. She is very smart and learns from consistent rewarding/scolding. She does not like to be talked to in a stern voice. My grandfather would tell her loudly "Get back in your bed." and she would go!..

• lola28
    lola28

I've never had a dog so I'm taking my time because I know that dogs take a lot more work than cats. I just want to make sure I know 100% what I'm doing before I do it.

Lola

• Sawyer
    Sawyer

In my experiences working with rescue groups, the foster families are the best source of information about the animal.

Most animal rescue groups will re-rescue the dog if you are unable to care for it. So, the foster families are usually very honest about possible issues because they want to make sure the dog has a good home and will not come back through the system (which leaves room for other animals to be rescued).

You will (should) be able to talk to the foster family once you express interest, and they will be your best source of info. Is she trained? Any health issues? Any behavioral problems? Favorite toys? Energy level and exercise needs? Grooming? Things like that.

Good Luck - she's a sweetheart!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Dogs are wonderful pets. They are the antithesis of Jehovahs Witnesses. They give unconditional love.

I have 4 cocker spaniels. Hell need shots, If you want him to get fat and slow get him fixed. If not leave him intact. Mine are all intact and have lived 7 years that way in spite of the dire warnings of the veternarians. Feed water and get and give love.

Enjoy and Good Luck!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jack Russells need a LOT of attention! Remember Sex in the City? Charlotte first got a cute Jack Russell terrier, who promptly ripped up all her pillows when he was left to his own devices too long. He didn't last. She finally fell in love with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, which were much closer to her own temperament.

If you don't mind having an "indoors" sized dog with an "outdoors" heart (that means TWICE DAILY WALKIES), go for it. I also suggest the two of you go for obedience training. Not so much for him but for you.

• Tara
    Tara

Lola, my brother had a Chihuahua named Bob and loved him to pieces...he was the only one who did. My uncle has a Jack Russell Terrier, Peanut, who is a love. They were both very smart dogs, but the Chihuahua was mean, nippy, and nasty to everyone but my brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit