Prisoners of the WT cult

by Maddie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bisous
    bisous

Excellent information and updates. I confess that I am always surprised to hear so many XJWs continue to refer to the WTBTS as a religion ... like Lutherans or the like! This is very important knowledge to impart and in fact, IMO, acknowledging this difference (cult vs. religion) can be helpful to many who in looking back feel guilt regarding their participation in the system. Thank you for sharing.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    That it’s only with Satan
    With which the Watchtower has a pact?

Watch what you say about Satan, Maddie.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    To be honest, the WT imprisons no adult person, without that person's explicit consent.

Have you heard their elephant analogy? When they are young, elephants are chained to a
    rigid deep stake in the ground, or another strong object. The elephant eventually learns that
    it cannot break free. Later, the trainer can just pound a stake into the ground that the
    elephant could easily pull out, but he no longer even considers it. When not chained, the
    trainer can lead it around even though it could easily overpower him. Lions and tigers are a
    bit more reluctant, but a whip can keep them in line.

A wild horse once captured, will eventually stop trying to be disobedient if he is properly trained.
    He is controlled by a steel bit in his mouth. But even when the bit is removed, he allows his
    trainer to control him somewhat. He even stands still for the bit to go back in his mouth.
    (I am not a horse or elephant expert, so my relating of these examples might be a bit simplified.)

Do you suppose the elephant or horse born in the wild would let a man control them suddenly?
    Do you suppose a tiger or lion in the wild would stop attacking a man because he strikes a whip?
    Do you suppose the captive or tame elephant or horse is giving explicit consent, or is it just
    "broken" and accustomed to it's situation? Do you suppose the tiger or lion is giving explicit
    consent when jumping through a hoop, or is it just trying to avoid the whip?

The WT recruit gets under the control of the recruiter. He no longer feels that it is possible to
    escape this life. The original post for the thread explains why that is so.

• bisous
    bisous

interesting analogy, on the way. got to mull that one over a bit ... good food for thought. thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit