Anyone live in the country or have a mini farm?

by BrentR 34 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I miss living in the country so much. There are some conveniences living in or near the city, but I am SO ready to leave them behind. I want to have chickens and an exstensive herb garden. My only problem may be dragging my partner Dan away from "civilization". Since we're both massaage therapist with spa training, opening our own place-BB with massage and spa therapies would be a cool possibility.

I do know that I want to stay in Washington state, closer to or in the mountains. I have family in west central Wisconsin, and I love that area too, but it is changing too much. i'd only go back there if I won the lotto or something, and then buy back my great grand parents old farm.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I live in the city, BUT....I have heaven looking off of my balcony:

LINDA

• flipper
    flipper

BRENT- Mrs. Flipper and I live in the Northern Sierra Mountains on about an acre at 3,200 ft. elevation. Lots of pine trees deer, wildlife ( bigfoot) LOL! , coyotes (bastard dogs ) ate 2 of our cats this summer, and we have nice views of forested ranges over a canyon. Very nice ! Love livin' in the mountains. We live 7 miles from the nearest small town houses sporadically placed apart on our street, lots of privacy

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Well, at the moment we live on the typical postage stamp lot with a beautiful house and neighbors close on either side. But our last house was in the perfect setting... close to town, but far from anyone else. We had a huge garden, I grew all kinds of veggies in the summer and even had a greenhouse to extend the season and grow some things that wouldn't otherwise grow in our climate. Our closest neighbor had hens, and the little daughter would come walking down the gravel road with a basket of eggs once a week for us. We had two huge plum trees and apple trees, and we made wine and preserves... Picked wild raspberries and blueberries and made jam... The last year we lived there, we went to a nearby farm and picked up a trailer full of manure which we dumped in our garden to decay all winter and spring.... You should have seen the size of my strawberries and carrots the following year!

I'd love to post pictures but I can't.... The view from my front porch was breathtaking, though. You'll have to trust me on that...

GGG

• BrentR
    BrentR

Linda that is an awsome view of the North Cascades! They always look bigger when they are covered in snow. That looks like a scene right off the front of a Christmas card. If you live far enough north you don't have to move to the mountains. They come to you!

Flipper, we also have plenty of coyotes but they leave our cats alone. They don't even eat the wild rabbits which are every where. From the looks of thier droppings all they eat are the big fat field mice that are very easy to catch. We also shoot at them so they keep thier distance. On some nights it gets pretty wild sounding having three packs yipping and howling at each other. I am sure you know the sound.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit