News from the Circuit Assembly

by ThomasCovenant 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

More 'brothers' are deciding to eat lunch in their cars in the car park and not enjoying fellowship in the specially assigned eating area, which you can imagine was about half empty.

That's your answer right there! There's simply no enjoyable fellowship at the assembly anyway, so why not enjoy what lunch you have in your car? First you're "advised" not to leave the Assembly compound to purchase lunch, now they're even griping about having lunch in your car ... jeez!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Lowearchy - that's rich. Really what it means is that the higher-ups put on a facade of low-mindedness because everyone knows Jesus would wash the feet of everyone else. So, in order to gain respect and acquire authority, it's a necessary evil to "lower" yourself. These brothers end up convincing themselves they are, in fact, humble. Not because that's who they WANT to be, but because that's who they're told they HAVE to be. Big difference.

• zack
    zack

When we got a new circuit assembly overseer in these parts, he quickly banned the brothers from bringing in their coolers and such and setting them down in the cafeteria prior

to lunch time. Too much like "saving seats." So this meant that now you had to go out to your vehicle, bring your cooler in, have lunch, take your cooler back out to your car,

and then come back into the session. Many decided it was too much work and ate at their cars.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "More 'brothers' are deciding to eat lunch in their cars in the car park"

Here that's called meals on wheels.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Here in the states among witnesses they don't believe that the soceity ever solicits donations by credit card. I can't wait till the try and impliment that over here and further prove that they are no better than all those other religions they just love to make fun of.

• yknot
    yknot

Get those credit cards out!

Now you too can donate, ONLINE.........

Just go to https://www.jwgift.org

The site has been up for sometime.

Y

• James Free
    James Free

I have been there. There are areas specially designed for 'fellowship' - so what is the reason people are going to their cars? I could guess, but I wondered what the actual reason was. As for mentioning credit cards 3 times - they beg for cash at conventions all the time. This always annoyed me, because they also get the congregations to send in a check beforehand. They nealy ALWAYS have a surplus from previous conventions but never use it. Also, the balance mentioned at one convention will always drop by the next - that's because they send it to Bethel rather that leave it available locally. Finally, those baptized in the UK- are they ofteb still from outside, or children?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Credit card donations? Is there any way I can get a chargeback on those donations?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Thomas

How many congs make up your circuit?

700 is very small for a CA.

Here in the UK "credit card" is often used interchangably with "debit card" so they wouldn't necessarily be encouraging people to "borrow" to donate. Not that I'm defending them!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

It's easier to have a good mixed drink in the car than slugging a half pint in the bathroom. In the car there's ice, a cold mixer, and relaxing music - almost like a day off from work. Slugging raw alcohol in the bathroom isn't as comforting against an afternoon of horse manure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit