News from the Circuit Assembly

by ThomasCovenant 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I can't remember for sure but credit card payments have been accepted from at least the previous circuit assembly.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My ex and I used to run off and eat lunch outside dodger stadium. We got tired of the long lines only to find all they have left is that greasy pasta salad and danishes. We'd get dirty looks from the brothers at the gates but we cared little.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Also the dangers of spending too much time on the tinternet was mentioned Saturday.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

District Overseer also said that there is no heirarchy in London Bethel. If anything it's a lowerarchy.
    Did he really say Lowerarchy?

gently f eral

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

At Haysbridge Assembly Hall (Surrey, UK) we always used to eat lunch in our car, but were were in the minority. Most would love to sit inside in the eating areas.

Sounds like the brotherly love is getting a bit lukewarm!!!!!

Oh how that makes me smile!!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I can't remember for sure but credit card payments have been accepted from at least the previous circuit assembly.

I seem to recall that they were also trying to pursuade the Dubs to sign up for automatic credit card withdrawls once a month all year long.

Tithing here we come...

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Gently Feral

Yes he said 'lowerarchy'

• journey-on
    journey-on
    they can now give donations by credit card

That is not showing loving concern for the flock. Credit card debt is one of the biggest reasons for filing

bankruptcy in this country (USA) and I'm sure it probably is in other countries as well. To encourage the

lowly rank and file to go into credit card debt to contribute to a multi-million dollar corporation is absolutely

unconscionable!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

In the united states here. I'm thinking about my credit card. I understand the concept of purchasing something and using the card, but how am I purchasing something if I'm just giving cash to the borg? Is it considered a cash advance on the card and I am then charged the higher interest rate? How is it done accross the pond?

• R.F.
    R.F.

The 'brothers' were reminded at each of the three song breaks not to forget that they can now give donations by credit card. 3 times in one day!

Credit card donations?! 3 times a day?!?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit