Our Friend Linda

by iamfreenow 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I suppose in this instance, whether one believes the Bible or doesn't, the poignant words apply;

" Time and unforseen occurance befall us all."

Thank you Marion and Julie for such a heartfelt tribute to a beautiful soul. I only knew Linda through the pages of this website, but her wonderful natural kindness flowed through her keystrokes. I have cried many times since hearing of her plight. When Trev and Linda told us of her cancer, when it became clear that the treatments were not working, when finally the end was imminent, and at her passing. She has touched many, including me. I regret that I never was able to meet her in person, for it is her sort of person that makes the world a better place I believe.

I will, in the days and weeks and months ahead, continue to think of her. Last evening with my awareness of her passing, all I had to say to my wife was 'Linda is gone'. She knew of whom I spoke. She had and has a place in our hearts, and I am so thankful to have gotten to know her through this forum.

Linda, Rest in Peace.

Jeff

• frankiespeakin
  • JK666
    JK666

Thank you for sharing this lovely eulogy with us. I cry with you tonight in remembrance of her.

John

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I just found out about Linda tonight when I saw your post a couple of minutes ago. Thank you for telling us your perspective of her. The world is a little less now she's not in it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you for that tribute, Marion and Julie.

When I finished reading, I thought of the statement in Hebrews chapter 11. After recounting the lives of those few outstanding persons, the writer concluded that the world was not worthy of them.

I believe all on JWD will concur that the same can be said of Linda.

May all us have peace.

Sylvia

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Marion & Julie)))

What a beautiful tribute to our friend, thank you for sharing it. Linda's gentle personality exuded even through her posting. I wish I could have met her in person last year but that was not to be, I do know we'll meet in the future, beyond the trials of this world.

May the peace of God surround you.

Love never fails

• south african beef
    south african beef

Thanks for that heartfelt and moving tribute, Iamfreenow.

I met Trevor last year at the Apostacurry and found him to be a kindhearted true gentleman. It was not possible for Linda to be there so I for one have missed out on meeting this truly amazing lady.

Your story of Linda and her friends has touched our hearts.

Kindness and love to everyone who knew Linda.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

That was a lovely tribute to a special friend. Thank you for sharing that with us.

CyrusThePersian

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This was a beautiful and moving tribute to a remarkable woman. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. My deepest sympathy to you in your loss.

Sherry

• changeling
    changeling

That was lovely.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit