Which countries do the anointed come from ?

by aligot ripounsous 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

The Anointed are not among the JW's at all, PERIOD!

Linda,

in saying this you enter into the WTS theology already since, to my knowledge, there is no other denomination which teaches the 2 classes. Anyway, since our insight has been updated lately and we know now that the heavenly call has actually been kept open ever after 1935 with no time limit until A, the Chinese throngs have their chance. The fact that there is a risk of having the little flock a bit over-manned is but a detail.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

firstfruits...the word is plural and implies a gathering (the 144,000)

Tula,

You seem to infer that the firstfruits are the 144 000. Do you mean that they lived and have been resurrected (as spiritual beings I suppose) in the span of time between Jesus' stay on earth and his second coming ? Why not, after all, but there's a flaw : I checked with a couple of different versions of the Bible, (BibleGateway.com), not one of them let the reader believe that the firstfruits stand for the anointed disciples, they all read plainly that the firstfruits represent Jesus.What is this denomination that teaches something which seems to be so obviously at odd with the biblical text ?

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

firstfruits...the word is plural and implies a gathering (the 144,000)

Tula,

You seem to infer that the firstfruits are the 144 000. Do you mean that they lived and have been resurrected (as spiritual beings I suppose) in the span of time between Jesus' stay on earth and his second coming ? Why not, after all, but there's a flaw : I checked with a couple of different versions of the Bible, (BibleGateway.com), not one of them let the reader believe that the firstfruits stand for the anointed disciples, they all read plainly that the firstfruits represent Jesus.What is this denomination that teaches something which seems to be so obviously at odd with the biblical text ?

I would like to add that the usual interpretation of "Jesus, the first fruits" is that Jesus was the 1st to be raised from the grave eternally, and transformed from mortal to immortal. (1 Cor. 15:12-58)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Montana

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I've never thought such a thing that "the annointed" would be white anglo saxon. Silly me. It is more likely for those new in other countries having previous beliefs that included ritual and some kind of "heavenly hope" that prompts their partaking. I knew a sister who wasn't anointed then was and partook for a good 20 yrs and then felt she wasn't annointed anymore. Isn't the threat that if you do partake and you really "haven't been called" then you are drinking to your own death?

• tula
    tula
    not one of them let the reader believe that the firstfruits stand for the anointed disciples, they all read plainly that the firstfruits represent Jesus

As you can see from the following scriptures, firstfruits are PLURAL.....that means more than one.

If you look at these old testament scriptures, remembering that the old testament often foreshadows, then you will see that the firstfruits are always PRESENTED TO the lord. The Lord is NOT a firstfruit.

1. Exodus 23:16
      "Celebrate the Feast of Harvest with the firstfruits of the crops you sow in your field. "Celebrate the Feast of Ingathering at the end of the year, when you gather in your crops from the field.
      Exodus 23:15-17 (in Context) Exodus 23 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Exodus 23:19
      "Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God. "Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.
      Exodus 23:18-20 (in Context) Exodus 23 (Whole Chapter)
    3. Exodus 34:22
      "Celebrate the Feast of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year.
      Exodus 34:21-23 (in Context) Exodus 34 (Whole Chapter)
    4. Exodus 34:26
      "Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God. "Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."
      Exodus 34:25-27 (in Context) Exodus 34 (Whole Chapter)
    5. Leviticus 2:12
      You may bring them to the LORD as an offering of the firstfruits, but they are not to be offered on the altar as a pleasing aroma.
      Leviticus 2:11-13 (in Context) Leviticus 2 (Whole Chapter)
    6. Leviticus 2:14
      " 'If you bring a grain offering of firstfruits to the LORD, offer crushed heads of new grain roasted in the fire.
      Leviticus 2:13-15 (in Context) Leviticus 2 (Whole Chapter)
    7. Leviticus 23:9
      [ Firstfruits] The LORD said to Moses,
      Leviticus 23:8-10 (in Context) Leviticus 23 (Whole Chapter)
    8. Leviticus 23:17
      From wherever you live, bring two loaves made of two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour, baked with yeast, as a wave offering of firstfruits to the LORD.
      Leviticus 23:16-18 (in Context) Leviticus 23 (Whole Chapter)
    9. Leviticus 23:20
      The priest is to wave the two lambs before the LORD as a wave offering, together with the bread of the firstfruits. They are a sacred offering to the LORD for the priest.
      Leviticus 23:19-21 (in Context) Leviticus 23 (Whole Chapter)
    10. Numbers 18:12
      "I give you all the finest olive oil and all the finest new wine and grain they give the LORD as the firstfruits of their harvest.
      Numbers 18:11-13 (in Context) Numbers 18 (Whole Chapter)
    11. Numbers 18:13
      All the land's firstfruits that they bring to the LORD will be yours. Everyone in your household who is ceremonially clean may eat it.
      Numbers 18:12-14 (in Context) Numbers 18 (Whole Chapter)
    12. Numbers 28:26
      [ Feast of Weeks ] " 'On the day of firstfruits, when you present to the LORD an offering of new grain during the Feast of Weeks, hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.
      Numbers 28:25-27 (in Context) Numbers 28 (Whole Chapter)
    13. Deuteronomy 18:4
      You are to give them the firstfruits of your grain, new wine and oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep,
      Deuteronomy 18:3-5 (in Context) Deuteronomy 18 (Whole Chapter)
    14. Deuteronomy 26:1
      [ Firstfruits and Tithes ] When you have entered the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance and have taken possession of it and settled in it,
      Deuteronomy 26:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 26 (Whole Chapter)
    15. Deuteronomy 26:2
      take some of the firstfruits of all that you produce from the soil of the land the LORD your God is giving you and put them in a basket. Then go to the place the LORD your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name
      Deuteronomy 26:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 26 (Whole Chapter)
    16. Deuteronomy 26:10
      and now I bring the firstfruits of the soil that you, O LORD, have given me." Place the basket before the LORD your God and bow down before him.
      Deuteronomy 26:9-11 (in Context) Deuteronomy 26 (Whole Chapter)
    17. 2 Chronicles 31:5
      As soon as the order went out, the Israelites generously gave the firstfruits of their grain, new wine, oil and honey and all that the fields produced. They brought a great amount, a tithe of everything.
      2 Chronicles 31:4-6 (in Context) 2 Chronicles 31 (Whole Chapter)
    18. Nehemiah 10:35
      "We also assume responsibility for bringing to the house of the LORD each year the firstfruits of our crops and of every fruit tree.
      Nehemiah 10:34-36 (in Context) Nehemiah 10 (Whole Chapter)
    19. Nehemiah 12:44
      At that time men were appointed to be in charge of the storerooms for the contributions, firstfruits and tithes. From the fields around the towns they were to bring into the storerooms the portions required by the Law for the priests and the Levites, for Judah was pleased with the ministering priests and Levites.
      Nehemiah 12:43-45 (in Context) Nehemiah 12 (Whole Chapter)
    20. Nehemiah 13:31
      I also made provision for contributions of wood at designated times, and for the firstfruits. Remember me with favor, O my God.
      Nehemiah 13:30-31 (in Context) Nehemiah 13 (Whole Chapter)
    21. Psalm 78:51
      He struck down all the firstborn of Egypt, the firstfruits of manhood in the tents of Ham.
      Psalm 78:50-52 (in Context) Psalm 78 (Whole Chapter)
    22. Psalm 105:36
      Then he struck down all the firstborn in their land, the firstfruits of all their manhood.
      Psalm 105:35-37 (in Context) Psalm 105 (Whole Chapter)
    23. Proverbs 3:9
      Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
      Proverbs 3:8-10 (in Context) Proverbs 3 (Whole Chapter)
    24. Jeremiah 2:3
      Israel was holy to the LORD, the firstfruits of his harvest; all who devoured her were held guilty, and disaster overtook them,' " declares the LORD.
      Jeremiah 2:2-4 (in Context) Jeremiah 2 (Whole Chapter)
    25. Ezekiel 44:30
      The best of all the firstfruits and of all your special gifts will belong to the priests. You are to give them the first portion of your ground meal so that a blessing may rest on your household.
      Ezekiel 44:29-31 (in Context) Ezekiel 44 (Whole Chapter)
  • JK666
    JK666

That's easy, they all come from Spiritual Israel. Oh God, I'm gonna puke!

JK

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    The husband listened attentively and agreed but his wife probably found that we were engaging on a slippery ground and she shortened the visit.

Or.....maybe the wife thought she got enough of the needed brainwashing for the week and didn't want to talk about spirtual stuff. And she knew she was missing a good show on the TV on one of her few nights home. Just saying..maybe .

lisa

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Now look at what you have done.That poor woman is probably going through mental hell right now with her cognitive dissonance.

I promiss, Honesty, I'LL DO IT AGAIN !

Well, if I can and I may not have another opportunity with those two, as I will sure be labeled as an earthen vase meant for an unhonourable use and unworthy of enjoying wholesome upbuilding association

Or.....maybe the wife thought she got enough of the needed brainwashing for the week and didn't want to talk about spirtual stuff.

There might be part of that, Lisa. Also the wife, as her husband has been recently baptized, wants to protect him, and her own quietness, from suspicious destabilizing questioning.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Real good question and observation, not many from other parts of the world and yet the Bible says that they WILL come from every nation, tribe, tongue and so forth. Just another good point to discuss with any JW who wants to be honest.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit