Help needed desperately !!!!!

by confused and lost 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• prophecor
    prophecor

Just hang around. Many here will walk you thru the storms of your stories.The medicine that's here can be brutal and bitter, but we only get better after taking it. Sometimes in very small doses. Welcome to you, Confused and Lost.

Arthur

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Welcome to the forum. You're not alone! We all started our paths out because something just didn't feel right at the Kingdom Hall. All that spiritual "refreshment" we were supposed to be feeling wasn't there. We started seeing the ways the congregation was exactly how the publications described false religion. We started asking the questions the Watchtower tells people in other churches to ask, and critiquing the Kingdom Hall by the same standards the Watchtower tells people to critique their churches with. We wondered why we expected people to study with our church, but can't study with theirs.

The answers to those questions led us here. Feel free to ask any questions and we will use our resources to answer them as accurately as possible. Even if you decide not to leave the organization (many of us still haven't, even!), you're welcome here.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome!

Walking up from the JW delusion is scary. But reality is sweet. Hang in there.

changeling

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Confused and lost, welcome to the board. Please keep us updated. The people here are genuine and kind

regards llbh

• Quandry
    Quandry

Confused and lost,

Just saw your first post. Sorry I missed it earlier. Welcome to the forum.

You are among friends.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome, you are among friends. Many are in the same boat as you. If you are nervous about your identity being revealed, please don't reveal any identifying characteristics such as your congregation or town. And if you have very specific stories, keep any recognizable things vague so you won't be 'outed' before your time. I know of at least one or two here who were found out before maybe they were ready. No need to be paranoid, just use common sense-anyone can come on the internet.

I hope you will find the help and support you need here. Feel free to jump in, ask questions, participate in the silly stuff, go to an apostofest (I am going to one soon, I hope!). There are 'best of' threads that might be helpful for some questions or issues. There are also some really awesome people here who know more than your average JW that can give you info on any subject you could be wondering about. Others who will always be loving, caring and supportive. Even if you are goofy. Some are all that and a bag of chips!

We share the best of time and the worst of times here. JW and non JW related.

You are welcomed here, and I hope you enjoy us as much as we enjoy each other. You are totally allowed to disagree, respectfully. I think that is the main rule here, respect (and keep it legal, watch the language, that kind of thing:)

Sparkplug will always make you smile, Mouthy will hug you, and Blondie and Mary-I think they know everything. Kind of scary in an awesome way. I just post a lot because I don't sleep well:)

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome to JWD...we are glad you are with us. Leaving the JW religion is a process...takes time. Take baby steps, and learn all you can about the "truth" of the "lie."

Welcomeglitter.gif picture by Lesliev1031

Leslie

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome confused and lost.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome, I'm new here too. I was raised in the "truth", and had been trying to raise my three kids (12,9 and 2) that way too. Alone, my husband figured it all out a while ago. I have been failing miserably, according to them. We were lucky to make it to Sunday. I decided just last month to no longer be a WT slave, or to try to make my kids slaves too. It's sad, the biggest obstacle I'm facing with them is they think they will die in Armageddon because we aren't going to meetings. I never told them that, the meetings did. I have found tons of help and advice here, just by looking at old threads. And you can be honest here with your feelings and fears. I have a feeling no one here will be shocked or offended.

Please tell everyone how to help.

• eclipse
    eclipse

So you are both out now, momzcrazy?

Welcome to the forum, lost & confused! you are among friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit