Your favorite Carpenters Song?

by watson 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

or the one about the weird sea/space creature....calling the octopus in interplanetary craft

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sing a Song and Yesterday Once More immediately come to mind. Loved thier music.

• free2think
    free2think

Goodbye to Love

We're only just begun

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Did you know that Karen Carpenter studied with the jws? The man who discovered her was Jack Doherty (not sure the spelling) of the Toluca Lake cong. in California. I was in that cong. in the early 70s.

Coffee

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

"I Can Dream, Can't I" I liked this song because it reminded me of something that could have been sung back in the 40's

LINDA

Btw, I got to see them in concert in 1974 in Pocatello, ID. almost got a speeding ticket to avoid getting their late, 80mph on a 55mph freeway, my husband at the time was driving. We got there a couple minutes late, but got in free too. *heehee*

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Almost 25 years after her death, I see a thread about Carpenters music! What a splendid voice she had. And brother Richard, he's now 60 and performs with his children every year at the Carpenters Center in Long Beach.

We've Only Just Begun is awesome, but I think Superstar is haunting.

I miss Karen Carpenter!

Did you know their drummer was Cubby O'Brien from Mouseketeers fame?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Play us a song we can slow dance on

We want to hold each other

Play us a groove so we hardly move

Just let our hearts beat together

Oh baby, 'cause it feel so good

When we're close like this

Whisper is my ear and let me steal a kiss

When we're dancing

You know you've got that loving touch

(loving touch)

Touch me when we're dancing

I want to feel you when i'm falling in love

My heart is saying it to me

You're the one i've waited for so long

So let your love flow through me

Oh baby, 'cause it feels so good

Just to be this close

You've got me up so high

I could fly coast to coast

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Rainy Days and Mondays

• watson
    watson

JK,

How a Zappa fan could dislike the Carpenters, I just don't know!! I'm perplexed. LOL.

I get a kick out of hearing their music. She really did have one of the best female pop singing voices.

Will never forget in the movie "Tommy Boy," the emotional attachment Chris and David had to them. Very funny.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I forgot about Goodbye to Love. That is a really lovely song, mainly because of her voice. Might be more maudlin with a more ordinary voice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit