Your favorite Carpenters Song?

by watson 28 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Come on...you know you loved 'em. Name it!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I don't follow directions very well so I'll list my favorite song(s)

1. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire)

2. We've only just begun

3. Rainy days and Mondays

Karen Carpenter's voice IMO was one of the best musical instruments I've ever heard.

• watson
    watson

I heard her version of "Solitaire" today. Great!

• JK666
    JK666

No offense intended watson, but I really hated their music.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

Mrs. Flipper thinks all their songs were a nightmare. Mr. Flipper feels a bit differently about Karen Carpenter though. Felt she had one of the nicest female singing voices ever. I did like the song " For All We Know"

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I really like "Solitaire" and "For all we know" but the truth is I like all her songs. JK666, no offense taken, if we all liked the same stuff it would be a more boring world.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Goodbye to Love (love that hard-rock guitar solo in the middle)

Superstar

We've Only Just Begin (which was written by Paul Williams as a bank commercial, then adapted by Richard Carpenter)

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

My favorite is A Song For You. I also like Let Me Be The One, We've Only Just Begun, and Rainy Days And Mondays. Goodbye To Love is good as well as Superstar, Close To You, Sing, For All We Know, Hurting Each Other, and Reason To Believe. Really, I like lots of their songs. And I was just coming into this world when their career together was ending.

• fresia
    fresia

I love Carol Carpenter's voice she is one of the best...so soothing relaxing, but only like a few of the songs, one interpretation was Solitare, love her soul in this.

• ninja
    ninja

the one about groundhog day.........its yesterday once more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit