It's My Anniversary!!!

by TheCoolerKing 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Hard to believe, but I've been on JWD for a whole year!!! My, how time flies!!!

For those of you who are not too familiar with me or "my story" I'll just give you a few details.
    I was born and raised as a JW. I became a publisher at age 10 and at the same time joined the Theocratic Ministry School, giving talks from the stage. At 17, I got baptized. But soon after high school, I started attending college and the elders kept pressuring me to quit. One elder said, "What do you need worldly college for? Armageddon is almost here!" (That was back in the early 1980's!!) Most of the "friends" at my congregation became icy cold toward me too. Apparently word leaked out that the elders had had a talk with me about quitting college, but I was being defiant. So in my early 20s, I made a choice and left the JW's for good. This lead to shunning by my family, which caused me to become suicidal at one point. If it wasn't for the love of my "worldly" dad, I may not be alive today!

Finally, just over a year ago I thought about seeing a shrink...UGH!!! So many unresolved JW issues that I was still trying to deal with since leaving The Org. Then I realized that it would probably take 5 or 6 sessions with a shrink, just to try and explain what being raised as a JW is all about...it would be much better if I could seek out other former JWs, they would understand and be able to relate easier.
    Then I found out about these types of online forums and posted on a couple. Through one of these, I met buttlight and she told me about JWD. Posting on here, starting friendships with other x-JWs and hearing about their experiences over this last year has really helped me. And I have to say that it's been lots of fun too!

Thanks to everyone on here for making this site worthwhile and enjoyable!!!
    I'm looking forward to many more years of hanging out on here with you wonderful apostates!!!

TCK

• Dansk
    Dansk

CONGRATULATIONS

and here's to many more posts!

Ian

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulations TCK

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Happy JWD Anniversary TCK!

happy-anniversary-1.gif picture by tubegirl

BB

• mouthy
    mouthy

CONGRATULATIONS

Great that you found it... I hope buttlight sent in the report of finding a lost sheep :)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey TCK glad you landed here. You're almost normal now.

I wish I did what you did -- gone to college in the early 80's. I could have, but the JW organization took all that ambition out of me. My feelings toward the organization for that -- it would violate forum rules to express.

Good for you, and to borrow a phrase from the Theocraptic Misery School, "we look forward to your next assignment post ".

• *summer*
    *summer*

(((Congratulations))) on the first year of your new life. Wishing you many more happy returns:-)

• JK666
    JK666

TCK,

Happy anniversary, I am glad you are here!

I live the anti-college experience as a young JW. I didn't go to college until my mid 40's.

Hang in there,

JK

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Thanks everyone for your kind words!!!

Hey TCK glad you landed here. You're almost normal now.

Not quite normal yet Gopher, but I'm getting there!!! LOL

TCK

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    I live the anti-college experience as a young JW. I didn't go to college until my mid 40's.

Glad to hear that you finally went to college JK! Way to go! As they say, it's NEVER too late!!!

TCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit