It's My Anniversary!!!

by TheCoolerKing 14 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congrats Cooler King, your story is interesting how the JWs nearly drove you to suicide something that resulted basically because you wanted to study at university.

I suppose JW attitudes can differ from country to country, I studied at university as did many other young dubs at that time and no one objected to this in any way.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Cooler King,

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Tara
    Tara

Congratulations, TCK. There are so many lovely people here.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

congrats!!!

purps

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    I studied at university as did many other young dubs at that time and no one objected to this in any way.

Glad to hear that you were able to go without opposition Greendawn! I'm not sure if the WTS has changed its policy recently, but back then they put me through hell !

Of course going to college and my leaving were not "disfellowshipping" offenses. But as far as my JW family was concerned, I may of well have been disfellowshiped. Once I disassociated myself, my family and the few JW friends that I had wanted no part of me. Not being able to talk with my brothers, sister and mother was what sent me over the edge. The ironic part of it all is that years later, with the exception of my devout JW mother, all of my family left The Org. too. Even my brother who had been an elder!

The dreaded "shunning" policy of the WTS has torn many families apart. So much for the so called love among God's only "true" organization, huh??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit