IS YOUR FEAR LESSENING?

by Dansk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Many here are afraid to come out into the open with their identity because they still have friends and family in. However, it is noticeable that there are many newbies here and more and more exposes on Watchtower. Do you, therefore, feel less intimidated or afraid now?

Ian

<-------------- Yes, that's really me! Unafraid and completely free!

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Dansk,

I can not imagine lurking in the shawdows as many do: I understand the "whys" of this situation, however, would hate to be in that set of circumstances....

With those that must,

Happy I am not,

Rejoicing with those fully in the light of freedom of movement and thought,

V

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Vernon,

I can not imagine lurking in the shawdows as many do: I understand the "whys" of this situation, however, would hate to be in that set of circumstances....

You're right and glad are we that we aren't in the difficult circumstances of others - although I still have a daughter in who has refused contact for 4 years since the rest of the family exited.

One thing I do know, the first two weeks after exiting was extremely hard emotionally - but then it go better and better (such as coming here and being amongst people who REALLY knew how we felt).

The best way to condemn Watchtower is to be happy (those still in the org expect us to be miserable)!

Ian

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

you're totally right dansk.

The first few weeks were horrible. I used to be scared i would die unexpectedly and end up in hell.....i know witnesses shouldn't believe in hell but i was so shaken by all the stuff i read on the internet, i didn't know what was real anymore.

i'm sorry about your daughter, it's awful that the society has that kind of power.

we have to be happy now that we're out, we owe it to ourselves. we were unhappy in it for too long!! and who knows maybe we're giving a good witness to the people still in ;)

• R.F.
    R.F.

Great post Dansk, and my fear has lessened tremendously. Sure, I wouldn't want to do anything purposely to get myself DFed since i'm techinically "still in" and have family around the organization. However, i've finally felt comfortable enough to share my name here recently and i'm considering posting my picture here.

In the first few weeks, as you stated, I was afraid that by posting here i'd get a lightning bolt aimed right at me up until I made my first post here. I feel so free now!

Robert

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

((((Ian)))))..I think Fear eventually turns into Pissed-Off..LOL!!....I like my privacy,so I don`t give out much personal information out to anyone.....It`s cool you post your name and pic..Your just as cute as a button!..LOL!!.......You won`t know who I am if I come to visit..One day a big ole Canadian mountainman is going to give you a hug and drag you off to lunch..You`ll be kicking and screaming yelling for Clair to call the cops!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

No fear here!

This is my real picture and my name is Moniek and I am from Dallas, TX.

How 'bout that?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    i've finally felt comfortable enough to share my name here recently and i'm considering posting my picture here.

Good for you!

Moniek, with your looks I wouldn't hide them!!

Outy, there's a bed waiting here for you when you come over!

Ian

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Dansk.

I am not particularly botherd about being outed here, I have given enough clues to those who know me to work it out, even my name giives a big clue. I do howevver have one problem or is it caveat. my Jw daughter who is is 14 and lovely everything I could ask except JW (working on that) I would want to cause her problems? I am not df so in thier eyes ok so i let it rest. Btw Dansk lost that thread of yours that I said I would get back on can you point me in the right direction please?

David

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi David,

I believe it's this one: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/143526/1.ashx

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit