Do not put your trust in men [ except of course the governing body]

by jacethespace 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher
    how and when does Jehovah communicate to the GB?

Probably the same way that the demons communicate with the world leaders to influence them! (That was a J-dub teaching too.)

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Didn't we learn that Jehovah doesn't communicate with the GB. There was a recording with the public relations I think his name is Mr Brown? In the recording he said no one has any special powers. (This was during that mess with Bethel Elder Cano the pervert)

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

I have the same question as LongHairGal. My bet is on peyote. Oh, maybe they do automatic writing.

• unique1
    unique1

For some reason they think men only apply to worldly people.

• Gopher
    Gopher

How does the Governing Body get those wonderful flashes of light from Jehovah??? How do they do it?

If you read Crisis of Conscience, you see that the GB is mainly consumed with details of running the corporation and also deciding disfellowshipping matters, and that they take votes on things. Holy spirit my foot.

If you read the WTS publications, you'd believe the following: The GB prays for holy spirit when they meet. Then they have reasonable discussions on the matters of concern. Maybe somebody reads an applicable Bible verse. Then they reach some conclusion, and say "aha -- that's the Holy Spirit's answer". To them what they decide is "Bible based" must come from the mystical "holy spirit".

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

Just for the sake of argument (and NOT because I believe this), but wouldn't they already have the Holy Spirit in them? And then they have to discuss what was beamed down to them as an answer and reach a consensus? That's incredibly stupid.

• yknot
    yknot

Jace, have you asked Third or Diogenes that lately?

LOL............

• fresia
    fresia

The GB say they are not inspired or prophets, so the information they are saying is not from God then it is there point of view so if we don't agree with them how can we be reproved or disfellowshiped.

It makes my laugh when I think about the elders and how they say the GB apointed them, by holy spirit, so if the GB appointed them and the GB say they are not inspired or have no more holy spirit than the average b/s why should we be controlled by these men.

so they appoint each other. the holy spirit has been on a long holiday.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are quick to apply that to worldly leaders, and apply it as meaning that one should not vote. Anyone outside the organization is evil, and anyone within is at least trying (though not hard enough).

Lest anyone think the organization is run by qualified leaders, I would rather have President Bush (with all his shortcomings) than have Ted Jaracz elected for president. If Jaracz was president, the whole world would be Witlesses. He would initiate force to get the whole country into the Tower. Buying and possessing Christmas decorations, Ouija boards, video game consoles of any kind, computers, Internet access, CDs of anything but Kingdumb Sxxx, masturbation toys, books and magazines that present alternate viewpoints, and anything else that can be fun would be illegal. Then, he would start a war on other countries that do not comply with the Watchtower doctrine and are not willing to give in.

They have the worst Governing Body on the planet, except possibly some of the ones that are still up and coming. They are supposed to be trusted with our lives. And they tell us not to trust Bush (who, even with his heavy hand, is at least somewhat honest and is much more honest than Jaracz). And, I would definitely trust people like Danny Haszard before I would trust Ted Jaracz.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I think we need not to put our faith in men! The people in the NT had holy spirit and was guided by Jesus Christ. The NT is proof of how to live our lives but as far as having that type of holy spirit well I would not put my faith in any man made church. One can ask what you think about this scripture but that does not mean they have the right answer. It is better not to fall in that trap again! I do think people can socialize in the churches and that is okay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit