Do not put your trust in men [ except of course the governing body]

by jacethespace 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

How often did we hear in the meetings, conventions,etc, the saying - do not put your trust in men but put your trust in god.Anyone putting their trust in men are foolish but anyone putting their trust in god is wise.Not once did anyone point out of course that in the watchtower its impossible to put your trust in god because in order to put your trust in god you have to first put your trust in the infallible, unquestionable governing body.I think that when we were told trust in jehovah, what they really meant was trust in the watchtower org and those untouchable 12 men at the top who interprets everthing.

Of course if anyone had ever pointed that out we would have got that very spooky air of silence and then totally ignored like we wasnt there.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Of course if anyone had ever pointed that out we would have got that very spooky air of silence and then totally ignored like we wasnt there.

Strange to say, but they could start keeping an eye on you in case you come up with something else that is out of line.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Good catch! Boy....were we blind or what? *kickingmyself*

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher

I thought about this point while inside the organization too.

It's a bit confusing because the Bible says two different things on this subject, and the WTS emphasizes what it wants.

In addition to the "don't trust in men" passage you cited, there's also the part in Acts 8 about the Ethiopian baptized by Philip, who said "How could I ever know these things unless someone guided me?"

So from there it seems that the Bible says you need human guidance, whereas in the earlier verse it says don't trust in men.

So what's a body to do?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Never put your trust in men that seek power and money, the two make a bad combination

( God is power, magazines and literature is money $$$$$ ) = Corruption

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    and page 274 last paragraph

Similarly, I did not object to "organization" in the sense of an orderly arrangement, for I understood the Christian congregation itself to involve such an orderly arrangement. But I believed that, whatever the arrangement, its purpose and function, its very existance was only as an aid for the brothers; it was there to service interests, not the other way around. Whatever the arrangement, it was to build men and women up so that they would not be spiritual babes, dependent on men or on an institutionalized system , but able to act as full-grown, mature Christians. I was not to train them to be simply conformists to a set of organizational rules and regulations, but to help them to become persons "having their perceptive powers trained to distinguish right and wrong."

this is from Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz

• journey-on
    journey-on

To the witnesses the two are synonymous. Jehovah God = The organization

They don't know how to separate them because the literature indoctrinates

them to think that way.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Governing Body votes on God`s will.There has to be a 2/3rd`s majority in favor of anything,to win a vote.....God dosen`t get to vote.God`s not on the Governing body.....God does as he`s told by the WBT$..God wouldn`t have a Job without the WBT$.....And..The WBT$ is the mediator between God and Mankind.The WBT$ fired Jesus!..Jesus works at a Sushi Restaurant now..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Jesus works at a Sushi Restaurant now..LOL

yeah, but can he be trusted?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I realize this is a rhetorical question which I have asked a hundred times but: how and when does Jehovah communicate to the GB? Do they go into a trance or something? Do they use a ouija board?

How does he impart knowledge to these special men? And more importantly, which ones does he communicate with? I would really like to shake their hands because they are so special. In fact, they should be celebrities with a ticker tape parade and carried on a float like the Pope. After all, it isn't every day that god communicates to lowly humans.

Can anybody answer these questions? I really want to know.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit