new qfr on non-witness weddings

by karvel 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I can't copy and paste from the article, so I'll paraphrase - would your relatives be offended if you do not fully participate in the wedding festivities? Most people recognize that others may not have the same beliefs as you do and really don't care if you don't participate in the ceremony. I recently went to a catholic wedding, did not partake of the communion, or kneel etc, and we weren't the only ones there that didn't. Wasn't a big deal to the Catholics in attendance.

Could "spiritual" brothers and sisters be stumbled? Why do they even have to know??? Keep your businsess that - YOURS! Do the JW's have to know everything that goes on in your life????

And if you are that easily stumbled, I think you need to re examine a few things! Geeze, get your own life and don't worry about what anybody else is doing.

BB

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt just because this caused such a stir in our household.

• minimus
    minimus

When my inactive daughter married a non-believer and my mom who was a regular pioneer and my friend who had been an elder since the 50s when he was a Congregation Servant went, they were both deleted-----even after "getting permission", making sure it was alright----!!!!!

This conscience matter article is 100% bullsh*t!

• ?me?
    ?me?

i love when they print these crazy "questions from our readers, ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR, "we want you to stop doing this " articles. it drives me crazy. they say " look at this bible account, and that bible account, jesus did not do it, first century christians did not do it, there is a chance that some a-hole in the cong may not like it, you can't have "cong privledges" if you do it,,but if you REALLY feel you have to do it, we can't DF you for it." it is one of those "unwritten rules of JW's" , you can do it if you can or want to take the heat. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- kinda like when your wife tells you "it is ok to go out golfing with the guys all day instead of going to a function for her side of the family". you ARE allowed, but you know what you HAVE to do or face the consequences. me

• sf
    sf

No surprise that the jest of the insane answer to the reader, the viewer, is that the wedding then basically revolves around the jw and his/ her comfort zone/ spiritual health.

No one else truly matters when a jw is present, almost anywhere.

How pathetic they really are.

sKally

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Bumblebee makes a good point. I was thinking along similar lines. What is likely to be more offensive, not participating in whatever religion specific customs might be involved, or not even bothering to show up!?! Once more, trying to use total crap reasoning. What a load of shyte.

brunn

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

The reasoning of Watchtower articles is akin to being confronted with a large bully holding a pipe wrench saying "should you try to get by me? that's your personal choice." The classic formula of "this is your personal choice" followed by several paragraphs of negative statements about it is how the society gives orders without giving orders. JWs are all-too-eager to read between the lines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit