kingdom hall sound team

by jacethespace 11 Replies latest social humour

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

I was one of the group of sound servers in the congregation to play kingdom hall tunes, flip mikes on,etc.Record the meetings [ scary thought].Half the time we had to replace the casette tapes as people never returned them after they lent them.Well anyway a few times i often entertained thoughts that i would love to start the opening of a meeting with bon jovi- living on a prayer or some other rock song like that.Oh what the hell i think i,ll return one more time and leave with a loud entrance.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to work on the sound and I always wanted to do that. The most I ever did was turn off the phone connection for people listening to the meeting from home.

I eventually lost my privilegeā„¢ of working on the sound, as well as other things, because I was taking courses part time. If I had the chance today I'd probably give them an earfull of some "worldly" music, or maybe even buy a CD of gospel music to put on, just for fun.

W

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I used to do sound as well.

I would try to stare at the knobs like those old 3D pictures of the early 90's and see if I could make them overlap.

God I used to be so bored.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

LOL, my dad refused to work the sound anymore after they wouldn't let my mom sit with him. They expected her to sit alone while dad sat in the back for the whole meeting.

Bobbi (Wishing Dad still had a backbone)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I would try to stare at the knobs like those old 3D pictures of the early 90's and see if I could make them overlap.

I thought I was the only one bored enough to do that.

W

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was the servant in charge of 'sound' until I fell out of favor because of my 'Korah-like attitude' and the PO and Secrtetary gave it to an udder brudder.

It may have been the spirit of Jah that got me removed because I was almost to the point in my spiritual journey of playing a cut from one of Billy Graham's crusades for the opening song.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My dad was always in charge of the sound dept. at assemblies. We had all the equipment stored in our basement. He never sat with us at assemblies. I kinda liked that when I became a teenager...

Coffee

• dFromTheD
    dFromTheD

I was the 'sound guy' for quite some years till I started missing too many meetings because I didnt care. I was pretty good at getting the sound levels right and keeping everyone happy. There was always one guy who was ALWAYS unhappy about my choice of levels (an elder who my dad had to knock down a few times for being too 'enthusiastic'). One of the last meeting I attended he decided to intervene again and I had enough. I asked him 'do you know why they asked me to be the sound guy and not you?'. He looked at me surprised. 'Because your you'. A-hole. Its the whole 'over you' mentality that really got me.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I wish I would've been in charge of sound. I was Territory Servant and it was a complete pain in the rear.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I was almost to the point in my spiritual journey of playing a cut from one of Billy Graham's crusades for the opening song.

That reminds me of how I used to rush home from the meetings to hear Billy Graham's signature closing song: JUST AS I AM.

Later in my spiritual journey, I would miss the meetings entirely if his crusade was on.

Teehee.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit