The Most Insane Thing Ever Printed by the Watchtower?

by Leolaia 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    The members of one of the Kingdom Halls that I attended were of the opinion that by constantly ( and I mean constantly ) slamming the U.S. they were displaying their neutrality........I'm not talking about the usual comments about the superiority of Gods Kingdom over any human government, rather, outright anti-U.S. stuff

Hi Iron Rod,

Interesting counter-example... which makes me think that the WT focus on the (violently anti-Roman) book of Revelation can easily fuel such a trend where it exists.

From my old JW memories, it was rather easy to detect "liberal" and "conservative" shades of "neutrality" among JWs, if only by noting which aspects of "Satan's evil system of things" they chose to emphasise. And, yes, congregations did differ from one another in this respect.

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

As always Narkissos, you are right on the money! I've noted the same thing.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes, I will scan the article and post it here next week....I'm still away from home without access to a scanner at the moment.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Snowbird said:

Oh! Another thing I neglected to mention is their misogyny. It really used to come through in their writings, didn't it?

What is it about an intelligent, outspoken woman that sets them all a-tremble?

Sylvia

2 words.

Maria Russell.

More words: Also the aftermath of allowing votes for women.

A theory.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've scanned the article and you can download it as a PDF (3.8 MB) here:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=e76e92febb5e0a21c97732b3914b8435

Enjoy!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Thanks Leo!

"We have also recently discussed the issue of Rutherford's involvement in American politics, such as the Bonus Army affair and getting JWs to lobby in support of H. R. 7986, a bill which was under consideration in Congress in 1934."

That was the first I heard of such a thing. That's huge! Got a link? Or were those GA quotes the extent of the available info?

Regarding the right/left "neutrality" leanings, some elders I know are big fans of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". Of course with the disclaimer that one must realize of course that Mr. Gore advocates a political solution to the problem rather than Jehovah's, blah blah. (whatever)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Keyser Soze asked:

Was Woodworth the kook who thought all medicine was bad? Some of the WT's writings on that subject were classic.

Yes, and I believe with all my heart that the No Blood doctrine came about because of their morbid fear of being transfused with the blood of a (gasp!) Black person.

Sylvia

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

M.J....Did you see my thread on H. R. 7986? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/142454/1.ashx

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Leolaia, for the scan! This is bizarre!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Leolaia, I skimmed it soon after you posted it so I missed your later comments. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit