The Most Insane Thing Ever Printed by the Watchtower?

by Leolaia 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• franzy
    franzy

leolaia,

do we know the author?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt oldtimers know about this stuff. They are hypocrites for suppressing it.

S

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I could not abide reading the entire article, but is it basically saying - (from what I did read) - that Uncle Tom's Cabin was the cause of the Civil War?

That's like saying Nietsche was the cause of nihlism.

Such typically simplistic thinking for the JWs!

It seems The Golden Age set the stage for spoon-feeding half-truths to the "chosen" people.

And the WTBTS carries on the tradition of helping lock shut tightly the minds of its readers.

Let us continue with the online battering rams!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

BTTTFB

Bump to the top for Bethel

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Insightful and anything but simplistic, regarding the relation of Beecher-Stowe to Lincoln and how her writing helped to "galvanize" the anti-slavery cause:

http://www.bookwire.com/bbr/life/harriet-breecher.html

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

"Little Women" don't make "great wars," but great injustice often does. And many "little people" are there to help galvanize the cause against such injustice.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thank you Leolaia for helping me to deepen my appreciation of my Rich Spiritual Heritage!

I am deeply indebted.

Open Mind

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

zzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Bump to the top for Bethel

millions.gif

• Gopher
    Gopher

Franzy,

The author of such hateful ramblings had to be none other than Joseph Franklin Rutherford, a.k.a. Judge Rutherford, a.k.a. here as "Booze" Rutherford.

Narkissos,

So many people are apolitical in the U.S. that the word is hardly ever used. "Liberal" became a dirty word with the rise of radical-right talk radio in the 1980's here. So liberals are moe likely to call themselves 'progressives' these days. Everyone refers to the right wingers as 'conservative'. I can't think of any epithet in common use against them.

• snowbird
    snowbird

And another thing: Harriet Beecher Stowe was the sister of Henry Ward Beecher who once owned the property in Brooklyn Heights that the WTS bought in 1909.

The Beechers were of the Congregational Church and were well-known abolitionists. Russell was a one-time member of the Congregational Church; was this a backward stab at him?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit