The Most Insane Thing Ever Printed by the Watchtower?

by Leolaia 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• changeling
    changeling

Disgusting!!!!!

changeling

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Fascinating! Is a scan available of the article?

• Highlander
    Highlander
    The wt oldtimers know about this stuff. They are hypocrites for suppressing it.

Actually, many of the old, old wt oldtimers still live and breathe this stuff.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    Clayton Woodworth was the editor,

Wow. The very tall, old, white-haired man who asked me my baptismal questions was a brother Woodworth. I wonder if that was him, or his son . . . what year? Let me go back.

Thanks for the explain, Leo. Sorry to be so lazy. Now, I really must read this article!

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Guys and Gals, I think Danny Hazzard has it about right at the top of the list with his showing of the cover about 1914- The Generation which Will not pass Away. Can't think of anything much crazier than that ! They are virtually all dead now ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• VM44
    VM44

"Although very talkative and versatile, she left no record of the conversation which followed! Evidently, she was no match for the great Emancipator.

How does the author of the article know this? It is just speculation based upon his own prejudice!

--VM44

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Wow. That article's take on history was just as outlandish as some of the stuff heard on Coast to Coast AM. At least some of the guests on that radio show are entertaining in their delusion. This article from the Golden Age was a little too much to take in alot of places. Then again,as a progeny of one of the 'backward races', and a pawn of Satan, I should expect to be stung.

We read that she was impulsive in her literary efforts, caring little for facts, and never taking time to even cursorily investigate her chosen subject. She was rash and bent upon making her point at all hazards, usually writing from the standpoint of a preconceived opinion

I can think of a current writing department to which the above aptly applies as well. "May God Continue to Bless the WTBS".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Was Woodworth the kook who thought all medicine was bad? Some of the WT's writings on that subject were classic.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There was one Puketower magazine back in April 1995 (I think it was the first) with that damn study article that stated that Satan was behind feelings of being unappreciated. If you were not feeling the love, it was Satan trying to discourage you (which was a blatant lie, since Satan would have liked nothing more than for me to commit fornication with a sister in the congregation, getting two disfellowships for the price of one). I only wish those WT Comments You Will Not Hear was available for me to make comments on that article at that boasting session.

Wouldn't you know, immediately after that, we had the Great Boasting Session. And like clockwork, just about every sister in the circuit refused to acknowledge me (no, I was not disfellowshipped at that time). I feel that was a total setup. Now, if only I had that study article, I could go back and make a post of comments you Did Not Hear at that study and throw it right back in their faces.

Whoever wrote that fxxxing article ought to spend his whole life in the Ostracism Wasteland. Whoever is the one that actually composed it should forever be put in that condition, just to see how true it is for him. And, if he complained, the only answer he would be eligible for is that Satan would be happy if he made any complaint about it or attempted to bypass ostracism in any way. (And Paxil.)

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Wait a minute everyone....Surely it wasn't Drunkaford who wrote that drivel. After all, the guy knew the location of Jehovahs throne! ( Pleiades galaxy...see Reconciliation p.14)

BTW Narkissos, regarding your question....The members of one of the Kingdom Halls that I attended were of the opinion that by constantly ( and I mean constantly ) slamming the U.S. they were displaying their neutrality........I'm not talking about the usual comments about the superiority of Gods Kingdom over any human government, rather, outright anti-U.S. stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit