Not to sound crazy but.......

by blueviceroy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I think real spirituality is not easy, it's a constant struggle with yourself to grow, to be a more noble person, to carry your own burdens. When you realize no one is watching, keeping score, then the real test of who you are begins. Are you willing to keep an eye on yourself, criticize yourself, direct yourself in the right way? If no one is watching, but you, are you easy on yourself or tough? Are you selfish or generous? Self-centered or compassionate? And, as another person said, can you do it all with a sense of humor, lightness, joy? Can you do it without becoming superior and judgemental of others? At least, that's what I think is the path - become like god, even though there isn't a god, develop your higher mind, not your selfish nature. Oh well, I'm just babbling on, but that is what I think spirituality is.

Hortensia I think you've nailed it!

When I finally was able to defrock the Bible, God and Jesus went right out the door too. In my journey to my own spirituality I've concluded that God is within me, we are all gods in our own right, we must be to survive this human ordeal we are going through. God and Satan are concepts to keep us in check with society, we all have a little good and a little evil in us, it's the one we feed that defines who we really are and that is my spiritual journey if it makes any sense at all to anyone else but me, good. LOL

• JK666
    JK666

blue,

The need for "spiritual meat" is an addiction that leads to vexation.

The revolution begins within you, not from external knowledge.

Take it easy, listen to your inner voice, and do others no harm.

And do not eat the mints out of the urinals (had to add some bad humor)

JK

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Check out "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsh

If you havent read it, it should start you on your journey.

24 years after leaving the Wac Tower, where I am today is, life is meaningless each one of us gives our life its meaning.

Thats the whole enchalada.

Thats not what Neal Donald Walsh says, He will get you started on the journey you are looking to take.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

No matter what you discover in your journey, just remember that it's all a Crock!!!!! Anyone who knows the truth, knows squat.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Anyone who knows the truth, knows squat.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I want to thank all the responses and I would also like to thank someone in particular for showing a path that was forgotten As the man said" you created me to remind you of this "

Most definitly true spirtuality is found within yourself thats where its all at.

I see a path before me I can follow without fear and confusion stalking every step and the feverish casting about for answers has abated . Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit