Funny comments made at a meeting

by REBORNAGAIN 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

One time, the Watchtower reader stumbled clumsily over the name of a French newspaper quoted in the Watchtower. He then, obviously without thinking, said: "Pardon my French." Big laughs....

On another occasion, the bookstudy reader was reading out of the Creator book ( or maybe the Evolution book....oh well ) and instead of reading "one celled organism " read " one celled orgasm." Much stifled laughter there...

Still another time, an Elders son, commenting on the wisdom of doing things Jehovahs way and waiting for the new system uttered a gem. He said,"Instead of getting involved in things like immorality and losing Jehovahs favor, we should wait for the new system, when we can have sex all the time." Needless to say, everyone got a kick out of that one, especially his father, who was conducting the part at the time.

• tere1998
    tere1998

Ok, this was a Tuesday night study at someone's house back when I was a teenager, but my dear, late dad, had health problems and was always short of breath. He made a comment about a baby who caught aids from a blood transfusion and he said "the blood probably came from some hhhhhhhhhhoooooooooommmmmo", and we were all waiting for the rest of the word, but that's all he said. OMG I never lived that one down from the other kids in the cong.

• Warlock
    Warlock

"the Ethiopian ENOCH" That's what one sister in my congregation used to say, instead of EUNICH................EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE REFERRED TO IT.

Warlock

• calico
    calico

A young, know it all sister who was always answering, was commenting on the dangers of disco music and then said "there are even disco gas stations!"

She was referring to a local gas station called "disco" which of course meant "discount!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit