Spanish congo's, different?

by 4mylove 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

My hubby went to a spanish congo and it seems that they operate a little differently. Is this accurate? Example, I don't think my father in law goes out in service, and he's a big ol' witness. I've noticed that the people they call on are usually down and out (spanish and english).

Has anyone ever noticed slight differences?

I'm trying to research Ex witness info in spanish to one day give it to my mother in law if she tries to hand me her info again.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes.

It is different.

Here are some links to a couple Spanish-language ex-JW sites...

http://www.extj.org/

http://www.testigosdejehova.com/

• 4mylove
  • Es
    Es

We had a Portugese congo disband and half of them ended up in our congo. Our Congo went down hill regarding the youngs ones, there were party's people getting drunk, people sleeping together, there were so many D\Fings.

They seem alot more relaxed regarding the rules, the congo didnt have one elder!!!

es

• 4mylove
    4mylove

That's what i mean, dress code alone stood out like a sore thumb!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

OK I am Mexican....I admit it. Spanish hall.....well I've been there too. First of all the manner of dress is way more conservative. The number of company men is way up. They way gloss over publishers screw ups. At the same time the regiment of witness laws are way over enforced. Hard to explain but somethings are way swept underneath the rug and minor things are beat to death.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The local hall is shared with two other Spanish congregations. I've heard that there are a bunch of little "unspoken rules" and that as long as you don't violate any, you're otherwise okay...they are very clingy though....

• sir82
    sir82

It also makes a difference which country the "Spanish" members come from, and whether the members are recent immigrants or not.

A Spanish language congo composed of persons primarily from Mexico (highly conservative) will be much different than a congo made up primarily of persons from Colombia (party-time). Puerto Ricans are different than Hondurenos are different than Argentinians...

In general, though, Latino congos are more close-knit, more social, more strictly obedient to the WT directives...for the most part.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I think that there might be subtle differences in rules and interpretations all over the world - for example, here, I do not recall the pantihose rule ever being in place.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Just from my experience, I saw way more cleavage at a Spanish District Convention than the English one.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit