Spanish congo's, different?

by 4mylove 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I can't speak for other locations - or current (aka 2007) trends, but back in the day... I remember the local english-speaking group sharing the territory & kingdom hall - with a spanish-speaking group.

It was an interesting concept. We had territory maps that got checked out - and worked - door-knocking. Them? I don't think they knew what a map was. They were supposed to 'survey' the territory - going door-to-door, and locating all of the spanish speaking individuals, and giving us a 'list' of those - which we would 'skip' when we went door-knocking.

Well - we never got that list. So, we went to all the doors. On occassion, we would get the irate person at the door "You were just here!". That was a signal for us to back off, and see if someone else was in the neighborhood. We would usually see a group of spanish folks making their way down the street. If we approached them, they would get real nervous, clam up - and leave very quickly.

If they spotted us first - they would evaporate - without a trace.

Definitely not 'rule' followers.

Whenever I would mention (exasperatedly) to a higher-up about the foul-up, they would just try to change the subject. I don't think that the elders thought too much of the local spanish group, either.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Kind of a side thought: the Roman Catholic Church, here in Monett, has a Mexican priest. He is a very loving, highly educated, and nice man: maybe thirty five or so....

They have two English and one Spanish mass. The dress is what is wierd. The English (all white and a few Philipinos (families of doctors that moved to area years ago). The English where suits and blue jeans and western shirts. The English women are conservativly dressed for the most part. They are a bit more causual than the Protastants, here.

The Spanish are lipstick, cleavage..... a LOT of cleavage, TIGHT fitting pants, and westen.

I ask an English woman about this, a cradle Roman that is very conservative, and she said the Spanish "dressed like hookers."

Anyhow....this is just sort of an odd thing....and kinda funny...not just the JWs it appears.

V

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In general I find Spanish congops to have more genuine love

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

The overall belief/teachings remain the same. They are a brainwashing and controlling cult in all 200+ lands where they have contaminated the neighborhoods.

LINDA

• oompa
    oompa

Someone recently had a great post on Pinata's recently.. I may have spelled that wrong sorry. But you know the things you whack and candy falls out. Do you think wt let it slide on their "pagan" past because so many Spanish speaking are comng in right now? they sure got different info than we did as to something popular to them.

want holiday candy...oompa

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Around here we do not have Spanish speaking congo's. but I once went to an International Convention where a large contingent of the "friends" from Mexico were attending...They were great people , sooo friendly. Although we could not converse in words it was all handshakes and hugs and grins and it is amazing what you can convey without spoken language ..They made us Europeans look stuffy.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    At the same time the regiment of witness laws are way over enforced. Hard to explain but somethings are way swept underneath the rug and minor things are beat to death.

My experience as well.

They often complained that the English-speaking brothers were too permissive and liberal.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I have never been to spanish congos, so I can tell. But I do know that in Greek congos are similar with the rest congos of the JW's in Europe. It is all based in cult mentality, and the uniformity that the WT cult has on their followers.

Generally are all the same. With the Elit members of the cong(elders, ms,pioneers)the spiritual bros and sisters, and those who are not good enough to be a good JW...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit