Was Drifting Away or Outrightly Leaving Easier Than You Thought?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

The fading part was easy. The elders did not pester us like I thought they would.

Walking the tightrope of being faded and trying to be true to ourselves w/o losing our daughter... not so much.

changeling

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All they provided was crap. Crap "friendships". Crap work. Crap secular jobs. Crap schedules. And, there is no way I could see myself benefiting even if I got into the "new" order, which I realized would still have all the biggest problems with this system of things, though most would be suppressed. Stagnation, celibacy, and the knowledge that it is NEVER going to end is worse than the thought of dying. At least if I die, it's done inside of a few minutes and I will not have to think of it ever again. Plus, Jehovah cannot everlastingly destroy me twice, so once that card is played once, He cannot replay it. Thus, if I have committed a sin by rebelling against the all-men rule (which is the same as the sin of divination), then Jehovah cannot destroy me again for apostasy. He played that card already, so it's dead.

And I am going to take advantage of that card's being dead for all it's worth and continue beating up on the Watchtower Society, even ruining them.

• minimus
    minimus

My drifting has been pretty good simply because I fell off the radar and they didn't come trying to hunt me down (yet).

• done4good
    done4good

Had a very quick fade, (more like sent the plane into the ground, than just fell off the radar)....

Overall, it was very easy. I was even able to keep the one true jw friend that I had.

j

• Honesty
    Honesty

Drifting away didn't work in my case.

2 of my close friends are C.O's and when they learned I was slacking the hounding started in earnest.

I finally decide that the best way was to make it quick, painful and final so I...

Bailed out

• Maddie
    Maddie

No I'm not finding it easy at all. I am trying to fade but am always stressed when it's meeting times because I so don't want to be a part of it anymore. I am trying to do it gradually because of family reasons but not getting to many meetings. I find myself expecting the elders to pay me a visit all the time - paranoia or what?!

Maddie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Harder than you would think.. I was Watchtower Conductor , Secretary and a Group Study Conductor when I realized that it was all baloney. There were reasons that I did not want to make public, even at home . So I took some time and drifted before resigning the eldership and stopping field service. The local elders, with whom I had served shoulder to shoulder did not try too hard to help me,so that was better than expected..

It was in my own mind that I had to really battle. After 45 years of my 50 or so being spent thinking that way, it took a long time to be re programmed, even though I knew it was not right. I just still thought in Witness terms, and it has taken many years of surfing JWD to break the mental ties. Thank you all. ....Even now, if I am in Witness company I can find myself slipping into the Witness mode ....

• Dagney
    Dagney

I stopped in one day in a moment of clarity. I realized I just didn't belong there. Even though my friends and family are all JW's, somehow I just did it.

I think if I had to plan it or think about it, it would have more much harder. I did go through a grief process for everything, the wasted years, the loss of everything I knew. But it seemed worth it, and I never went back. Although, I do think I have to go to a public talk by a dear friend...he says he is writing it with me in mind. **sigh** bless him.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Maddie,

I feel EXACTLY the same as you.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

For me it was easy. I just slowed down in my JW activities & faded away and after a while just didn't bother with it anymore. Of course i avoided answering the door when i suspected the odd elder came round to visit & sheperd me back in.

Of course this could well change if i ever get DF'd or DA'd, things could be much different then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit