An email from my Dad on Bible Chronology - Armegeddon's arrival

by eclipse 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Hi E, Let us talk about God today. Either you believe he exist or don't believe he exist. I know in my heart that you belive He exist. The only thing is you do not belive that he uses religion to express His Majesty. I kind of believe that also. So let us not reject our heavenly Father because of human errors, as that would be terribly unfair to our Heavemly father. As to his Holy Name, obviously he has a name and the Hebrew scriptures abound with that name expresse by the tetragramaton YHWH. Now to address the Greek scriptures that does not contain the Name Jehovah poses some serious questions. And must lead to a serious study to investigate why not!! Let us assume that you were a jewish woman living at the time Jesus walked the earth and you happened to be present at a jewish synagog in Nazareth where Jesus is preachig and the scroll of the book of Isaiah is given to Jesus and he begans to read as found in or modern Bibles Isaiah 61: 1- 3 ( See Luke 4: 16 -21) Now you would hear in the Hebrew language God's name as Jesus would certainly not say Abba, or Father Or Lord or Creator, No indeed he would read faithfully as it is written in the Hebew Language. So did Jesus use God,s name Yehowah or whatever pronunciation that he perfectly knew how to pronounce it Absolutel YES indeed. So now why do modern transalations do not use God's name where Jesus used that holy name. If you were to analyse the scriptures and there are many when Jesus is quoting from the Hebrew scriptures and the divine appears in the original Hebrew scriptures. In fact ,the first English translation to use JEHOVAH in the Christian Greek scriptures was the Emphatic Diaglott in 1864, Long before the NWT transalation and and a few years before Charles Taze Russel began his ministry. So now analize Jesus own words as he addreses his Father in Prayer in John 17: 1-26 Yes Jesus does not use his Father's name there , and for good reasons, A son does not call his father by his name, no he addreses him has dad or father. Likewise does Jesus address him as such. But He alludes to his Father's name as very important as the following verses : verse 6 verse 11, 12 ,and especially verse 26 Also John 5:43 Obviously his apostles had learn God's name from Jesus , so Jesus could say to his Father that He had fulfilled his mission to make God's name manifest to his dear apostles. So dear, Jesus did use God's name and pronounced it frequently to his close associates and even to those who were not his disciples by quoting scriptures that contained God's holy name in the Hebrew scriptures. see Matthew 22:34-39 when the pharisees would have heard God's Holy name mentioned from the hebrew Scriptures. All you have to do is analyze the scripture Jesus is quoting and go to the Corresponding Hebrew scripture and there you will find God's Holy name YHWH mentioned One example Read Mark 12: 35-37 quoting from Psalms 110: 1 and like wise the apostles after Jesus death also quoted from the Hebrew Scriptures like Paul at Roman 9:27-29 and many other scriptures. Next time I will discuss WHY modern transalations do not have God's holy name in their transalations. Talk soon Your Dear Dad
  • edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Eclipse,

From what I can gather from what your Dad is saying he has correct understanding of the fact that Jesus would not have used the name Jehovah .

I agree also that Gods' manifestation is found in his creation and that everything apart from that is mankinds' supposition on what God is like which obviously puts human qualities on to the Almighty which may not there in the first place. It seems that the only place to look for God is in nature.

Can you not get your Dad to post on JWD or would that be a step too far?

Edmond.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Hello Edmond...

Yes, I agree that he is correct according to the scriptures.

I am not posting his emails to tear him down. Not at all, I find what he has to say very different.

And I like the way he thinks.

I doubt he would post on an 'apostate' website,

as he does not consider himself ''apostate'' and this site would be construed by him as such....

I suggested that he go read CoC....and let me know his thoughts...

we shall see.

His SO hates all religions, and would probably not approve of him posting on here.

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

Hi Eclipse. I enjoyed reading your dad's letter to you, and the info. it contained. I think your dad

really cares about you, it shows by the way he "talks" to you in the letter. I,at one time,

reasoned just like your dad, so I know where he's coming from.

He allowed 30 years time for Adam to live without a mate, maybe because people in

Jesus' time believed that a male in their society became a man at 30. But, what if Adam lived

100 yrs. before God created Eve? No one knows how many years Adam lived before a mate

was created for him.

JW's believe the millenium will coincide with the last thousand years of God's 7th day,which they

believe is 7000 years in length. The year 1914 did not enter into your dad's discussion. He was

dealing with the first 6000 yrs. of the seventh day. The Bible, in Luke chapter 3, tells us Jesus'

genealogy all the way back to Adam so calculating the years from Adam to Jesus shouldn't be

that difficult.

However, if creation actually began 14 billion years ago, the length of the creative days need to

be adjusted from 7000 yrs. to some other figure.

lalliv01

P.S.: about 1914, I meant your dad wasn't using 1914 vis-a-vis 587/607 to figure the end of

6000 yrs. of the 7th creative day.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I wish I could believe in armageddon. I wish I could believe the earth was 6000 years old . But when I saw the grand canyon and realized that all of human history is about 6 inches worth of rock and the river is really really deep in the canyon I had to rethink some things. I know I know God just made it that way so we would feel cozy and the view was better right? I wish I could believe something in a book was from God written just for me , that I was that special, that all of us were that special . But deep down inside where the truth lives I know it is something else.

• TheListener
    TheListener

My research has told me that historians and anthropologists consider an ancient generation to be 15-20 years.

Modern generations are roughly 25 years.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Do you get emails from you dad just to say hello and let do lunch? It all stems around preaching! Anyhow, preaching or not you must be nice to have his letters! As far a Psalms 110:1 I wonder why the JW think this is about Jehovah speaking to Jesus?

• tula
    tula

Your dad sounds like a genuine truth seeker. If he hates all religions, that's a pretty good start, imho. I would like to hear what he has to say about c of c. do keep us posted.

alt

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks for posting your dad's emails Eclipse. Even though I don't buy into any of it, I find it fascinating how his mind works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit