An email from my Dad on Bible Chronology - Armegeddon's arrival

by eclipse 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Yeap! your dad was a JDUB! One must stick with the faulty Facts! AS if it were a matter of fact! I liked his reasoning! but the best was no one knows the day or hour! We are so brained washed into looking into chronology! I wonder if the rest of his dates stemed from Russell's writings and he just did not know it! That would be from the Chart of the Ages. Measuring inch for a year! LOL. Which is not even bibical stuff just garbage! In th e 1900s, people did came up with these caculation to win money from a college institution who wanted people to submit something scientific to the college. Newton wrote a book stated that Solomon's bibical temple was perfect and therefore they were made from God's perfect numbers. Okay his reasoning was good! Everyone went to town to win this money! Russell and a few of the idiots prior to Russell submitted there papers! Let measure a real pyramid and state they are God's numbers. To think how we were all brained washed into these dates and did not know there background! history. I wanted to add Adam's creation was 4026 years? Did you see if it is in the Finished Mystery book? LOL they cant even figure out Noah's flood date so how could he figure out Adam's creation date! He probably took it from the JDUBS who borrowed it from Russell's writings. He measured the pyramids to get this date. A inch for a year! Yeap, big thing in the late 1900's.

Something else, in order to be a Freemason one must write a book and do a business in the world. Newton's book could have been part of his links to Freemason's so he could become a 33 or 3rd degree mason. That would make sense that later, people would want to copy the Alchemist! but it was a too strange so unlike Newton reasoning skills. Russell, Smyth, and Mizer were just NUTS! YOU can not measure a temple based on false gods to get divine truths and chronology of mans lifespan! It bull crap at it best! But one must have followers to succeed! So really does you dad know where he got his 4026 date? He did he take it as a matter of fact from the WTBTS! LOL. They sure did make me do this a lot when I was a kid in the 60s.

• 5go
    5go
    With astonishing precision, they worked out every date when Venus would pass across the face of the Sun, right through to 2012.

No but condsidering when they did it 2012 was probaly far enough in the future for what they felt they needed at the time.

• freeme
    freeme

the problem is that 1914 is wrong in the first place.

the year 1914 is the main problem with the JW religion for me. i dont see any sense in it plus it was also based on pyramidology... i cant believe such stuff like it is truth. and i know god wouldnt expect that from his true followers.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The whole witness mindset is to believe that Armageddon will come in their own lifetime so that they will never have to die. The calculating of dates usually puts Armageddon within the calculator's lifetime.

I think the big question to ask your father would be, "Are you afraid of dying?"

• TD
    TD

Eclipse,

I got a twinge when I read your father's email. It reminded me of some of my own JW relatives.

I've noticed that many current and former JW's want to interpret the NWT rendering, "By no means" to mean "Not entirely" so that if even one person is left alive from the "Generation" (Say a 101 year old) then the "Prophecy" still holds true.

However the Greek intensive negative that Jesus used " amhn legw umin ou mh.... " (lit. "not, not....") means not at all

• zack
    zack

Ditto what Para said.

The WTS carrot is NOT DIEING.

The REQUIREMENT of Jesus gospel is DEATH.

The WTS DO NOT beleive nor preach the gospel of Christ.

And even as a child I could remember thinking to myself that if ANYONE could figure out the date of Jesus return, it would be Jesus himself. Geez! I should have written all that down when i was eight and mailed it to myself for delivery at thirteen.

Thanks for sharing your Dad's thoughts.

• Honesty
    Honesty

the problem is that 1914 is wrong in the first place.

the year 1914 is the main problem with the JW religion for me. i dont see any sense in it plus it was also based on pyramidology... i cant believe such stuff like it is truth. and i know god wouldnt expect that from his true followers.

Take away "1914" and the Watchtower Society doctrines fall like a stack of cards.

• Grammy
    Grammy

I think my dad still sees them as god's messengers...though he hasn't gone to a meeting in a long time.

I don't think he will ever go back either, for personal, not doctrinal, reasons.

His reasons for leaving were entirely personal...that is why I dont call him apostate...

He thinks they are good men that are sincere, just imperfect.

OMG...this sounds like you could be talking about my husband!

His reasons for becoming inactive were entirely personal also.

His favorite come back to me is "I know what I believe about the bible and no one will change my mind"

Grammy

• eclipse
    eclipse
    this generation will by no means pass away

I got a twinge when I read your father's email. It reminded me of some of my own JW relatives.

I've noticed that many current and former JW's want to interpret the NWT rendering, "By no means" to mean "Not entirely" so that if even one person is left alive from the "Generation" (Say a 101 year old) then the "Prophecy" still holds true.

However the Greek intensive negative that Jesus used " amhn legw umin ou mh .... " (lit. "not, not....") means not at all

That makes much sense, TD...I think all Jesus was refering to was that the people who were in the room and got annointed, were never going to pass away. They were going to heaven according to the account.

It had nothing to do with a future generation 2000 years from then. Nothing at all. Everything that was written was written for the people that lived in Jesus' generation.

• bennyk
    bennyk

And, of course, there is nothing scriptural in the idea that 6 000 years has some cosmic significance... The WTS hasn't even mentioned the concept of a 7 000-year Creative Day for the past twenty years or so (if memory serves).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit