MONEY MONEY MONEY GIVE GIVE GIVE!!!

by Gill 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gill
    Gill

Well, it's that time of the year again!!!

The November the 1st Watchtower is demanding money from the R and F and in no uncertain terms makes it clear that no matter how poor they are they should be giving their money to one of the richest companys in Brooklyn, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society!!

The 'inspiring' article on page 17 is entitled:

'The Silver is Mine and The Gold Is Mine!'

To be quite honest, I wouldn't dream of typing out the whole spit making article as it basically explains about the printing and translation of the WT literature and basically......that's about all the WT Society is good for, printing crap!

But how about these little 'illustrations' of people who gave 'generously' to this multi billion dollar scam:

Picture at the side of a pig and under the title: 'A singular Donation'

'The Mexico branch of Jehovah's Witnesses received the following letter from Manuel, an appreciative six year old who lives in Chiapas State. As he does not yet know how to write, a friend wrote for him. Manuel says ; 'My grandmother gave me a mother pig. When it had baby pigs, I picked out the nicest one and raised it with the help of the brothers. With much love I am sending as a donation what I received from selling the pig. It weighed 100 Kg, and I got 1250 pesos ($110, US) for it. Please us the money for Jehovah.'

Pig sick yet? Well how about this one?

'They make us Think Seriously'

'A 14 year old girl wrote to the Cameroon branch of jehovah's Witnesses: 'After buying my school supplies for the year, I was able to sell two of last year's textbooks for 2500 francs ($5 US). I am contributing ($1.82 US ) from my savings. I would like to encourage you to continue the fine work you are doing. Thank you for the Watchtower and Awake! magazines. They make us think seriously.'

Thinking you feel sick yet? How about this one for sick making?

'Use this to Translate The Bible'

At the 2005 district conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses in Ukraine, the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures in Ukranian was released. The next day this message was found in a convention contribution box: 'I am nine years old. Thank you very much for the Greek Scriptures. Our monther gave my little brother and me this money to take the bus to school. But when it was not raining we walked to school and saved the 50 hryvnia ($10 US). My brother and I would like you to use this to translate the whole Bible into Ukranian.'

Why are there no 'little notes' from adults saying, 'Brothers, we made an absolute killing from our stocks in Rand Corp and so we are donating $10,000 to the Kingdom Work which we know is so important?'

Why is it that these little children who give out of their poverty are shoved in the faces of the R and F? Guilt Tripping by any chance?

Anyway, there then follows the usual list of 'Ways in Which Some Choose to Give'

Contributions to the WorldWide Work

Conditional Donation Trust Arrangement

Charitable Planing ie Insurance, Bank Accounts, Stocks and Bonds, Real Estate, Gift Annuity, Wills and Trusts and of course there is a pamphlet published for Charitable Planning to Benefit kingdom Service Worldwide and the address to send your donations.......of course

But how about this for a final paragraph to encourage a little more puking:

'It is true that he who says: 'the silver is mine, and the gold is mine' does not depend on our financial assistance in order to accomplish his work. Yet, Jehovah has dignified his servants with the privilege of having a share in sanctifying his name by their contributing to the preaching of lifesaving truths 'to all nations.' (Matt 24:14) Are you not moved to do all you can to support this never to be repeated work?

It's a case of not 'Show me the Money!' but 'Give Us the Money!'

• Clam
    Clam

Great stuff Gill,

That's now put me off my lunch.

Needless to say the money I've saved will be donated to the Society.

Is the cheque now payable to Paedophile Protection Fund?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Do you really believe these "examples" of giving?

I don't. The watchtower are very fond of putting crap like this in their
    publications in the hope that it will shame the jws that read it into
    giving more generously to the org, and unfortunately it more often
    than not works for them.

• Princess Daisy Boo
  • The Fancyful and Decried Slave
    The Fancyful and Decried Slave

Standards for charity accountability can be found on the "give.org" website. Here are some points worth considering before making donations to an organization such as the WTS, which is completely opaque as to the destination of collected funds and tolerates no appraisal of its executive performance:

1. A board of directors that provides adequate oversight of the charity's operations and its staff.

Indication of adequate oversight includes, but is not limited to, regularly scheduled appraisals of the CEO's performance, evidence of disbursement controls such as board approval of the budget, fund raising practices, establishment of a conflict of interest policy, and establishment of accounting procedures sufficient to safeguard charity finances.

11. Make available to all, on request, complete annual financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.

When total annual gross income exceeds $250,000, these statements should be audited in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. For charities whose annual gross income is less than $250,000, a review by a certified public accountant is sufficient to meet this standard. For charities whose annual gross income is less than $100,000, an internally produced, complete financial statement is sufficient to meet this standard.

12. Include in the financial statements a breakdown of expenses (e.g., salaries, travel, postage, etc.) that shows what portion of these expenses was allocated to program, fund raising, and administrative activities.

If the charity has more than one major program category, the schedule should provide a breakdown for each category.

13. Accurately report the charity's expenses, including any joint cost allocations, in its financial statements.

For example, audited or unaudited statements which inaccurately claim zero fund raising expenses or otherwise understate the amount a charity spends on fund raising, and/or overstate the amount it spends on programs will not meet this standard.

15. Have solicitations and informational materials, distributed by any means, that are accurate, truthful and not misleading, both in whole and in part.

Appeals that omit a clear description of program(s) for which contributions are sought will not meet this standard.

A charity should also be able to substantiate that the timing and nature of its expenditures are in accordance with what is stated, expressed, or implied in the charity's solicitations.

16. Have an annual report available to all, on request, that includes:

the organization's mission statement,

a summary of the past year's program service accomplishments,

a roster of the officers and members of the board of directors,

financial information that includes (i) total income in the past fiscal year, (ii) expenses in the same program, fund raising and administrative categories as in the financial statements, and (iii) ending net assets.

• blondie
    blondie

They have this article in the November publication every year. It is close to the end of the tax season and many of the suggestions are ways to avoid paying taxes. They have a investment brochure too showing how you can invest with non-profits and save money.

Blondie

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I think it's good that these young ones are learning how to give, but hopefully they will learn in time, (sooner than later) who to give to.

LINDA

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Why are there no 'little notes' from adults saying, 'Brothers, we made an absolute killing from our stocks in Rand Corp and so we are donating $10,000 to the Kingdom Work which we know is so important?'

Dear Watchtower Bible and Tract Society;

Contrary to some ill-advised recommendations from some I trusted, I did make some very lucrative investments and am now reaping the bounteous benefits.

Please use the enclosed Monopoly $ wherever you see fit.

As for the real $ that I have in abundance...

it has been donated to charities that provided complete disclosure.

I am sure this goes way over your heads so I won't bother to attempt an explanation.

Sincerely,

Honesty

• Gopher
    Gopher

About that pig -- I say Manuel was really 60, not 6.

I think Manuel's real letter to the WT Society said:

"I'm sending this picture of the pig I sold to you because the pig reminded me of how greedy you are, asking for even little kid's allowance money so that you can keep printing pig slop. I'm giving the money from the sale of the pig as a birthday present to my granddaughter."

The WT Society just made up the story about the 6 year old.

• Clam
    Clam
    "I'm sending this picture of the pig I sold to you because the pig reminded me of how greedy you are, asking for even little kid's allowance money so that you can keep printing pig slop. I'm giving the money from the sale of the pig as a birthday present to my granddaughter."

LOL wouldn't it be great to be in charge of the final proof reading before a mass printing and slip a gem like that in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit