Someone else new & could do with as much help as they can get.

by Mr. Majestic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

Auld, your rewrite is excellent- I had the same text highlighted to comment on but now I don't have to!

Welcome Mr. M, and please know that as the others have said there is nothing wrong with lengthy posting- sometimes it's the only way to get it out and you can't keep this stuff bottled up. It'll eat you alive if you do.

Reason for living??? How's this for a start.

Think of "I lost everything" as "I have a blank slate upon which to rewrite my life- and it can be anything I want."

No stupid, ridiculous JW 'theocratic' rules to hold you back from say, going back to school and being what you wanted to be for a profession but could not because it wasn't 'theocratic'. That's just one example.

Many of us here had to walk away from everything and everyone we ever knew to get free. I was born in- so literally all my relatives and friends were in.

I made it out with the help of a few friends online for support- that was all I had. They weren't even exJW's, I didn't have the guts to search for JW related websites till I'd been out almost two years already.

There is a lot of support to be had. Don't expect to feel better overnight- but it can happen over time, I am living proof and that is nothing short of a minor miracle. Though I didn't do it with 'god's' help so to speak, but with the help of fellow "imperfect' humans.

Tie a knot and hang on to it, and keep talking. You're not alone.

essie

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Mr. Majestic,

I am very glad you decided to post your story.

You will find much of the support your heart is seeking on this board, but it is only the beginning....

You have taken a great first step by reaching out for help. Do not be afraid to continue to reach out for help in other ways as well.

You will get through it.

You will survive.

You will enjoy the rest of your life.

I have a good feeling about you.

Peace to you, my new friend.

The Oracle

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Suffering is the tool the creator put in us to instruct us to continue clearing space for his realization within us.

In other words , now that some of trash has been taken out continue removing the rest of it so you can see that God is waiting inside you, for you to notice him,

Suffering and pain instruct us that we are/were resisting acceptence of the truth of our nature. We are of God already, always have and always will be, just stop for a minute all your doing and going and having and LOOK within and when you do you will find God looking back at you.

• oompa
    oompa

Majestic: Not only have I lost the wasted years in the "truth",

I have lost everything, I have nothing and no one, I don’t have faith or God anymore, I have the past inhibiting me from normal functioning, along with the bad lessons taught in the truth.

They are not wasted. There is value that you can take out of it. You can learn from pain, and you can remember laughing. You have not lost everything, you even mentioned some apostate friends. You do not need faith or god to grow. As negative as things seem now, you are about to realize that the truth has made you a hell of a survivor! Not all their lessons are bad...see. We will make it....oompa

• erandir
    erandir

Howdy, Mr. M.,

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the forum. I have to say this is the best forum out there for people like us. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to vent and work through your problem. Keeping it all inside with no outlet is certainly not healthy. I am so happy now having gone through the process of leaving the organization and reintegrating with the rest of the world once again. Sounds weird to say it that way, but that's what it is...reintegration from the Society's cocoon into the world into which you were born.

Good luck and keep posting and interacting!

Erandir

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit