Cheers to all! I'm in the house now! Finally signed up.

by Lifeisfun 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lifeisfun
    Lifeisfun

Thanks for the replies. I wish nothing but the very best to all of you in your "new" lives outside of the wt world. I have been completely confident with non-jws as a short term aquaintence. Most of them would be extremely (and by extremely, I mean BAAM) surprised to know I'm one of those annoying religious fanatics at their door in the morning (or used to, for the most part). But building a relationship stronger and more meaningful than an acquaintenship is and has been been difficult with non-jws because in my mind I was like, "in the long run they will probably ruin my good habits, or those I have left anyways". So they are just for temporary fun. It's kind of weird, I know, but I'm sure some of you might understand me. Rest assured, I'm working on it. Plus I pretty much don't have any witness friends now so... And those I have, know what's up with me and are in the same process.

Thanks again, and cheers!

(I can't stop saying "cheers" and "bless you" every time I can in front of jws).

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Lifeisfun ,glad to have you on board.

smiddy

• TimDrake1914
    TimDrake1914
    All I can tell you is, for those you can still consider a friend, treat them well, and don't be afraid of them getting close. Good friends are hard to find, whether JW or not. So don't be a douche to them if you want to keep them ;)
  • Bucholz
    Bucholz
    Welcome!
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    I to am from the "southwest coast". You should PM me.
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome,

I am not a JW, but have lots of friends and family in (daughter and wife included). Ever since finding TTATT I feel like I am going crazy too, especially after seeing the state of denial of JW's when they are confronted with the idea of having been lied to by the WT. Anyways, I am a 50 y.o. male from Burbank CA. Send me a PM if you live near the area and want to meet a friend of the apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit