A Change in the Generation teaching, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Tired of it all 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fresia
    fresia

Jesus talked about seasons and times, and as you all know said this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur (Math 24: 34) a biblical generation is 40yrs, Noah built the ark the rains came after 40yrs. The Isrealites where in the desert for 40yrs, and I am sure other bible knowledge folk on here could think of other 40yr generations that only deal with God's people.

The great tribulation will be something mankind has never seen or experienced according to Jesus, so just maybe that generation starts at the on set of the great trib and lasts fourty years, but true to Christs' words, we dont' know the hour or the time of the great trib, which leads to armageddon, only those that remain faithful through the great trib survive armageddon.

I personally believe it is a spiritual 40yr desolation and when that started we don't know, but the WTS has certainly come to a heavy low the past 30yrs or so, and I don't believe they are yet judged, so this 40yr biblical generation could mean spiritual desolation of the WTS, until the presence of the Christ and thats when the final 144,000 are sealed and proven worthy of the kingdom. Just a thought.

• Brooke
    Brooke

for those who are already riding the fence they might just throw up their hands and "fade"

boy is that right! I am so sick of all this junk. I recently began reviewing all of the old "new light" and "refinements" that the society has brought in ove rthe years and wow has it opened my eyes! Tonight I missed my first meeting with the intention of "fading" and not just skipping it because i didn't want to go. Thanks for the "real new light" guys!

• Brooke
    Brooke

Hey , i found something very interesting in regards tot his new genertaion teacing, i don't know how yet to do a copy paste onto this forum because mine wont let me, but to all of you who still have your watchtower library cd's, In a 1995 "questions from readers" someone wrote in asking specificly if that was how the generation needed to be understood (as the anointed only) and they wentinto HUGE detail using greek root words and such explaining to the letter how no, that was incorrect, it very clearly shows that it is to a "time period of people". Now their totally switching it and I'm sure they will have some legthy explanation to go with it. what a crock. Do a search to find it on your cd, keywords "king James Version Generation"
    it will be your only 1995 questions from readers that comes up.

In the mean time, I'm not going to get tooooo hyped up until I see it for myself in my extra special members only WT. Unless, anyone have real PROOF that they are changing it? Not just "oh my friend at the annual meeting said so?" But hey again, I could lie right now and tell you "i" was there and heard it. That's the problem, it could be hearsay it could be true. If it's true, I'm pissed.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Brooke.

The 1995 generation change was a large reason for many dubs leaving the organization. It was a major shift in doctrine. A major shift in doctrine that the WTS blamed on the rank and file.

• fresia
    fresia

The Listener said....

The 1995 generation change was a large reason for many dubs leaving the organization. It was a major shift in doctrine. A major shift in doctrine that the WTS blamed on the rank and file.

I don't understand what you mean by the WTS blaming the change in the generation thought to the r/f, in what way did they?

I know they did the dirty on the 1975 fiasco and blamed over zealous brothers..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is another example of changing the rules in the middle of the game. Originally, it meant that the people that saw the events of 1914 would not have passed away. Then they changed it to mean people that were alive in 1914. Next it was "the group of people with the same characteristics", meaning that they could be passed forever down generations. Now it means simply that the anointed will not pass away.

This means it will go on forever. You see, there is always going to be close to 8500 partakers every year no matter what. This number will not reach zero. Another means of stalling, buying time when they are fast running out of it.

What needs to happen is all this religious crap needs to go. The whole Bible was assembled in such a way as to encourage people to use it to suit their own nefarious needs and ends. As a certain poster has demonstrated (no flame wars, just a demonstration), one can take any scripture and make it mean anything at all. And, someone else can take the exact same passages and make them mean something else. What is really needed is to put the whole Bible, including the passages that St Augustine omitted, in proper context. Then it would be impossible for someone to use it to manipulate the human race or portions thereof. When that happens, then people will wake up and see the scams.

Yes, there will still be a few that will continue using the Bible to manipulate people. However, it will not work if everyone else is wise to it. Watchtower material will sit there in the warehouses because people will not pick them up. Tampered Bibles will sit there, too. And there will be no further misinterpretation of what a generation is. Or which generation--"this generation" referred to the generation that was alive when Jesus uttered those words, and "these things" refers to the destruction of Jerusalem less than 40 years later. And that came true. No more messing with the "generation".

• ringo5
    ringo5

w9511/1p.17par.6ATimetoKeepAwake***

Eager to see the end of this evil system,Jehovah’s people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah.

Now, they don't really blame the change on the rank and file, but they infer that the rank and file are the ones doing the speculating, and "we" as the Governing Body, need to straighten them out with their "heart of wisdom"

• M.J.
    M.J.

Fresia,

I believe Listener may have been referring to the WT from 11/1/95, p. 17:

"Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when "the great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we 'bring a heart of wisdom in,' not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we 'count our days' in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. (Psalm 90:12)"

• M.J.
    M.J.

oops. I notice ringo5 addressed this before I did...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ can say or do what ever they want..Your average Jehovah`s Witness will eat it up and "Lick the Plate Clean"...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit