A Change in the Generation teaching, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Tired of it all 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

So.... what is the change? Or does no one know what the change is, just that it is about to change?

Jeff

....soo after speaking to someone who went to the annual meeting..somehow "this generation" will solely apply to the annointed........and the annointed could in fact make it past the great tribulation.. the sense is the timespan for this system of things is NOW SHORTER! they also appeared to change the meaning of 3 of jesus illustrations... 1-the seed the falls in the soil 2-the leaven.. the other i cant rememember the person who attended said this is the first time he can recall them brining new light at an annual meeting.. also there will be a special 1 week school for elders starting early next year they will go through the P.O's first...

From the above link given. I'm ROFL, but it is deft, in a witness mindset kind of way. I'll comment on the "last generation" in a separate post, that way everybody here can remain in the dark about what it really mean.... and how it was actually fulfilled. JCanon

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

This came out of last weekend's annual meeting, and considering that,
    in the May 1st watchtower qfr they said that the gathering of the
    anointed, previously believed to have ended apart from replacements
    in 1935, is in fact still taking place, saying that the generation only
    applies to the anointed gives tham yet another excuse for the "end"
    not coming yet.

They still teach that the anointed have to be gathered before armageddon,
    and in the May 1st qfr they admit that they don't know when this gathering
    will end. That also gives them a ready-made excuse for if the number of
    memorial partakers doesn't drop or even rises, as it has done in previous
    years when the annual report comes out in a few months.

For once I agree with JCanon, this is very deft. The org are, no doubt
    charlatans, but they ain't stupid.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When I was a Jw I always tied the two together in my mind. The annointed were supposed to have been the primary indicator of the generation to me, because they were of the correct age when sealed in 1935. Most of them would have been born prior to or around 1914. I know this was not specifically the way it was explained, but it was always a barometer to me.

It was the fact that they never seemed to actually die off that was one of my early 'doubts'. Now it seems that perhaps others have tied the two together somehow also, so they have to adjust some thinking of those who are still concerned that the annointed are not dying off.

Sadly, the dubs will swallow it hook line and sinker. Though they likely will not understand it much.

An effort to reduce prophetic reliance and just rest on the concept that we have the truth it seems.

Jeff

• oompa
    oompa

Jeff I agree with your thoughts on the Anointed being referred to in WT teachings about 1914, they usually always are first, regs second. plus I am posting this til I get an answer:

AuldSoul, how does your understanding of your post re1995-2007:

Its commencement is no longer associated with a fixed time, nor does it have any rational terminus

fit in with this original WT explanation:

w9511/1p.20par.15ATimetoKeepAwake ***

15 Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all!

Now if I recall, "we had thought" there was a "fixed time" and a "rational terminus" linked directly to to 1914. Yet all along, ever since 1995, WT says armageddon is no further away that we had thought.

any explanation anyone......oompa....ahh the mysteries of WTBS

IP: 17zqTLV5tvkBM5gP
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Sadly, the dubs will swallow it hook line and sinker. Though they likely will not understand it much.

some might not. For those already on the fence questioning they might finally throw up their hands at the new light and "fade".

• JCanon
    JCanon

Listen, folks, for those who are holding out that the Bible just might be true and we're near the end, this is foreboding in the light of other changes!

1) The WTS is putting out a "private" JW Only Watchtower!!! They are closing the reigns in more tightly to control the members and encourage loyalty.

2) They are now attacking some of the more aggressive witnesses who establish their own indepdent study groups outside the WTS' mind-control schedule of the 5 meetings per week.

3) Now with his new "generation" doctrine, they are attacking some of the weaker doctrines of the past that cause doubts. It's still a scam but they are getting better at it.

This is ALL more focussed, as if they are now focussed on insulating the organizational members and ferreting out those borderliners. Who know what else is next? This is so "Illuminati" magic though. They are creating an environment that only those speaking their own language will be allowed to speak. Bringing up something in the Bible that is not part of that week's discussions outlined by the WTS will soon be equated with "apostasy." Apostasy against the Faithful Slave God.

Why so disturbing? Because Satan is stepping up his efforts for a big finish, that's why. Satan was kicked out of heaven in 1992 and only had a "short while" to deceive as many in the world as possible. He's making sure he does his best to do that with the witnesses.

A real last-ditch-effort competition for the last remaining souls up for grabs seems to be going on. Maybe Satan has a good idea of when his own time will be up.

JC

P.S. It is hard to explain precisely, but it's scary this much step-up effort of CONTROL on a psychological level is now stepping into place. Either they are feeling genuninely threatened or the Illuminati is taking over on a bigger level to use the WTS for it's own means, IMHO. Organizational secrecy and control of the members is increasing all of a sudden. Things are definitely not the same now.

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    YES Cultswatter they have changed again!!!! Now it looks like the new light became old light which replaced the new light from before which is now old light that this new light is replaceing new light which is now old light, you know it just easier to call the retarded.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

If the generation only applies to the annointed then where does the great crowd fit in?

Jesus said

The annointed will by no means pass away until all these things occur and then they will croak. but the great crowd... who the hell are they?
  • fresia
    fresia
    That also gives them a ready-made excuse for if the number of
    memorial partakers doesn't drop or even rises, as it has done in previous
    years when the annual report comes out in a few months.

Ok they look at the amount of anointed dropping or rising, I remember that it had risen on year, there are many I am sure that are nut cases, and some that believe they should take the emblem regardless. I never really have taken notice of this figure, besides what others signs are they looking for, not suppose to look for signs, what are they waiting for two left or even two hundred, noone knows the date time or hour, not even the son. It appears they seem to ignore that.

• tula
    tula

But how can we be near the end? The Bible says it will come at a time when no one is expecting it.

If all the JWs are actively awaiting it...it's kinda like waiting up for Santa...it won't come when you are watching for it. Even the Bible says so!

so for sure, it will have to be another generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit