COLLEGE club caters to Witnesses

by DannyHaszard 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Colleges are very good places for cults to recruit people. New students are often living away from home for the first time, may feel disoriented, and may be looking for a welcoming group to fit in with.

Then, they love bomb the recruit for a while, and attach the shackles.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Danny

you are my hero! It was because of you that i was introduced to many very informative sites that have helped me when the topic comes up with my inactive yet still believing hubby. Thanks for all you do.

• JK666
    JK666

I wonder what would happen if a disfellowshipped college student joined the "club."

JK

• 4mylove
    4mylove

JK666

Do you think that if they actually divulged this information that they would let the Df'd student in? Hmmm?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Isn't this illegal in the JW world according to the Sept '07 KM? Not to mention the School Brochure - JWs don't join clubs!!! Shouldn't they just direct folks to the kingdom hall or just have a study with them.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Professor warns that cults may target students
    Daily Trojan Online - Los Angeles,CA,USA
    Many cults are said to operate under the guise of nonprofits and recruit on campus. The list of problems plaguing college campuses is extensive: illegal

• Dansk
    Dansk

Yes, a bunch of hypocrites! Watchtower surrounds itself with a legal team of JWs who have obviously had a university education.

In my own congregation and elder was a lecturer at Salford University. He was brought up a JW and I always wondered how come he got a university education but for the rest of us it was frowned upon!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit